2015 Controlled Hunts

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
On the note of successive drawing, do I understand it right that they draw in order of elk - antelope- deer - turkey; And that if you draw one species you cannot draw any following that?

You draw in each category. Your elk is separate from deer and so on. Your preference points do the same.

If you draw a deer hunt and not an elk hunt, your elk hunt points still roll over.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What exactly are the points for and what do you do with them?

If its your first year to put in for controlled hunts, you get one draw for each hunt. Lets say deer.

If you don't draw that first year, you gain another draw the next year. (2 draws and so on)

Its not a preference points like other states, but danged similar. When you get drawn for a hunt, you loose all of your previous draws, in the deer category only.

All of your draws in elk, antelope, etc still accumulate.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
For every year you don't draw in a category, a preference point with your name on it will automatically be put in the same category next year.

Say I've put in for the elk hunt for the last 20 years with out drawing............and I put in it for this year again, it would be like giving me 21 chances to draw that hunt. Should I draw the hunt in THAT category, all the points return to zero.

Edit: what dennis said one minute earlier :)

Latest posts

Top Bottom