2017 gun goals?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rawhide

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Build the ARs I have parts for and learn to use them. Try out the CZ PC10 when it's available. Buy a CZ 512 Carbine and/or add a 22 mag barrel to the CZ 455 FS. Maybe get around to completing the SBR paperwork I started. Try to wear out the suppressors, if they ever spring from ATF jail.

tulsacrittergetter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well, in the last month I have built my first two AR-15's....a 5.56 and a 300 Blackout. I have a Spikes Tactical forged lower and a Black Rain Ordnance billet lower for 2 more builds. I want to build a long-range SPR with a 20" barrel for target shooting (and maybe coyote hunting if I can ever find a place to shoot 'em), and another 5.56 for my son. But, most of all, I want to build an AR-10 / 308 long-range setup with a 20" match-grade barrel with all the bells and whistles. I will spare no expense. I want a sub-MOA custom built 308. Yeah, I know. I don't want much, right?

slas

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well, in the last month I have built my first two AR-15's....a 5.56 and a 300 Blackout. I have a Spikes Tactical forged lower and a Black Rain Ordnance billet lower for 2 more builds. I want to build a long-range SPR with a 20" barrel for target shooting (and maybe coyote hunting if I can ever find a place to shoot 'em), and another 5.56 for my son. But, most of all, I want to build an AR-10 / 308 long-range setup with a 20" match-grade barrel with all the bells and whistles. I will spare no expense. I want a sub-MOA custom built 308. Yeah, I know. I don't want much, right?
I wanted a longer range AR-10 also and decided to try the DPMS G2 Hunter with the 20" barrel, not getting sub_MOA though. I like you're idea better...

OKNewshawk

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I know this isn't exactly what you were looking for - but - I'm going to shoot more I didn't do enough last year to even mention - going to burn some powder this year, so help me -
Same here! My lament has been, "If I have the money, I don't have the time. If I have the time, I don't have the money. If I have the money and the time, it's either raining or too damn hot!"

tulsacrittergetter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I wanted a longer range AR-10 also and decided to try the DPMS G2 Hunter with the 20" barrel, not getting sub_MOA though. I like you're idea better...

Well, after my first build, I realized how much money that I SAVED compared to buying an AR-15 from a big box store, and then swapping out all the customer parts that I want or need on it. I will NEVER purchase an "off-the-shelf" AR-15. I'm glad that I built my first AR-15 from an 80% lower. The only problem that I have now is I am 150% addicted lol

slas

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well, after my first build, I realized how much money that I SAVED compared to buying an AR-15 from a big box store, and then swapping out all the customer parts that I want or need on it. I will NEVER purchase an "off-the-shelf" AR-15. I'm glad that I built my first AR-15 from an 80% lower. The only problem that I have now is I am 150% addicted lol
Maybe I need to sell the DPMS and use the money to build one for myself...I think I would enjoy that...

Latest posts

Top Bottom