2019 Deer Hunting

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

clintbailey

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
20191206_170416.jpg

We had a rough year getting on deer this season, everywhere we sat seems the deer went to the opposite place...my daughter got this 8 pt at 1650hrs on Friday evening, I was actually hoping to get a doe killed and then he popped out first! Her second buck to date and biggest so far, she made a perfect shot with her 277 Wolverine AR, deer went maybe 60 yards and piled up right in sight...my son didn't hunt as much and never got a shot at one, so ends our season

undeg01

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have to fly to Chicago for work tomorrow so I didn’t go out this evening, thinking I would get stuff done at home. My son in law is taking finals online, so he didn’t go out. Then, a little after 5:00, the land owner is working ground and texts, “Who is sitting in these two pop ups?”

WTF???!!!

He starts driving the tractor toward them and they bail out, pack the blinds and take off running. I was on site in less than 10 mins, as was my son in law. No sign of them.

We are out there so much that they must know our vehicles and knew we were not there tonight. Awfully freakin bold!

Oh, and my brother in law found a set of rattling antlers hanging in a tree near his primary stand. Looks like they may be using our stands to hunt in. With 7 cameras on the place, you’d think we would have caught a picture of them.

I already have the game warden on alert for road hunters, so these trespassing bastards better hope I don’t catch them out there.
21B4E6C9-46C4-4370-9EF3-4CB870C82EBD.jpeg

Got one picture of the jack wagon. If anyone recognizes this guy, possibly from around Piedmont, Cashion or Okarche, please let me know.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
View attachment 148511

We had a rough year getting on deer this season, everywhere we sat seems the deer went to the opposite place...my daughter got this 8 pt at 1650hrs on Friday evening, I was actually hoping to get a doe killed and then he popped out first! Her second buck to date and biggest so far, she made a perfect shot with her 277 Wolverine AR, deer went maybe 60 yards and piled up right in sight...my son didn't hunt as much and never got a shot at one, so ends our season
Congrats to your daughter for the fine buck! Holiday season is coming up for that doe.

undeg01

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
They ran north through the woods, all camo’ed out. Not the brightest thing to do the last evening of rifle season where everyone is more apt to shooting doe.

There was no vehicle. Game warden said they probably had someone to come pick them up. We do have a few suspicious vehicles though.

1. ‘80s model F-150 short bed single cab. Gray in color with a tool box and a bumper sticker on the back glass behind the driver’s head.

2. 97-02 Ford with a white camper shell. Was actually seen driving across the pasture back toward Richland last Thursday.

3. Newer model white Chevy crew cab pickup with an OSU parking permit on the mirror. I saw it parked alongside of the road with no one around a year ago Thanksgiving week and called it in to Piedmont PD to investigate it. Never thought much about it until I saw it sitting about the same spot again this year around Thanksgiving. Again with no one around.

Latest posts

Top Bottom