2019 Deer Hunting

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Possibly the last deer of the season down tonight.
Goes to one of our members that shall remain unnamed.
When I got to the stand there were a couple guys stringing electric fence around the milo field I was hunting over. I lease the property out to the farmer. Wasn’t happy, but he needs to do what he can to make money.
By evening the cattle were all over the North end where I sit in the blind, so the deer started filtering in from the South 1/2 mile away. About 4:00 they weren’t getting any closer and it was getting long shadows in the field.
They were at 405 yds feeding away. Picked out one, put the crosshairs about 3” under the spine and shot. She staggered a bit and fell over.
The blind is in the center of the pic right above the tree line.

3b510d9fcc7b957d75efd9524b776ccd.jpg

makeithappen

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Possibly the last deer of the season down tonight.
Goes to one of our members that shall remain unnamed.
When I got to the stand there were a couple guys stringing electric fence around the milo field I was hunting over. I lease the property out to the farmer. Wasn’t happy, but he needs to do what he can to make money.
By evening the cattle were all over the North end where I sit in the blind, so the deer started filtering in from the South 1/2 mile away. About 4:00 they weren’t getting any closer and it was getting long shadows in the field.
They were at 405 yds feeding away. Picked out one, put the crosshairs about 3” under the spine and shot. She staggered a bit and fell over.
The blind is in the center of the pic right above the tree line.

3b510d9fcc7b957d75efd9524b776ccd.jpg
Holy crap, that's amazing shooting! Congrats, Dennis and I applaud your generosity.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Holy crap, that's amazing shooting! Congrats, Dennis and I applaud your generosity.
That .243 WSSM is a laser beam. With a 100 yd zero, only has 3.3" drop at 300 yds, and right at 6" at 400. Not hard to hit on target at that range. Shooting right into a south wind, so windage wasn't an issue.

Latest posts

Top Bottom