2019 Deer Hunting

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Game warden said they probably had someone to come pick them up.

In this day and age of cell phones, that is exactly what they do. I've posted the pics on here in the past of us driving into the farm and seeing a set of bolt cutters laying on the ground in front of the round top barn. The lock was hardened, high security so it was only dented, not cut.
We figured the owner of the bolt cutters had to have heard us coming down the road, dropped the cutters and ran off into the 6' tall johnsongrass that covered a pretty good patch of ground. We thought about lighting it off, and seeing what ran off out the other side, but decided that wasn't a good idea with liability issues.
I was an interesting thought though.

PiedmontGuy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
They ran north through the woods, all camo’ed out. Not the brightest thing to do the last evening of rifle season where everyone is more apt to shooting doe.

There was no vehicle. Game warden said they probably had someone to come pick them up. We do have a few suspicious vehicles though.
1. ‘80s F-150 short bed. Gray with tool box & bumper sticker on glass behind the driver.
2. 97-02 Ford with white camper shell.
3. Newer white Chevy crew cab with OSU permit on mirror.

I will put these trucks on my radar and let you know if I see something. I am on the SW side of Piedmont. On the second one, you mention the shell is white, do you know the color of the vehicle? Looks like the third is someone home from school for the holiday and is probably a reasonable suspect since you have seen a pattern but we probably won't see him again until Christmas. My son graduated for OSU Stillwater this last spring. I asked him if he knows who fits that description but he could name 10 people in Stillwater like that but none with a known Piedmont connection. The Piedmont guys he knows have all swapped trucks and he doesn't really know what they drive like he used to.

When you said all camo and blinds (plural) and they picked the blinds up and ran, it makes me think they were goose hunters with lay-down blinds. Either way they knew they were in the wrong because they ran.

Last edited:

undeg01

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I will put these trucks on my radar and let you know if I see something. I am on the SW side of Piedmont. On the second one, you mention the shell is white, do you know the color of the vehicle? Looks like the third is someone home from school for the holiday and is probably a reasonable suspect since you have seen a pattern but we probably won't see him again until Christmas. My son graduated for OSU Stillwater this last spring. I asked him if he knows who fits that description but he could name 10 people in Stillwater like that but none with a known Piedmont connection. The Piedmont guys he knows have all swapped trucks and he doesn't really know what they drive like he used to.

When you said all camo and blinds (plural) and they picked the blinds up and ran, it makes me think they were goose hunters with lay-down blinds. Either way they knew they were in the wrong because they ran.

No color on the truck. It was in the evening at sunset and my buddy couldn’t tell the color of the truck, only the bright white camper shell that didn’t match the truck.

And these guys weren’t goose hunters. They were sitting 20 yds from one of my corn feeders just inside some scrub brush.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Another doe today on the DMAP.
Got in the stand at 3pm, and at 3:30 it was done.
There were more out in the milo field I could have taken but one field dressing a day is my limit now.
The suppressor keeps it quiet and doesn’t bother the deer not in the immediate area.

f0ce979df8c914337908e78ffefa0456.jpg

c8bb064715ffe110b509398a9e65a2ff.jpg

619c751b090538d197adddbf34be5491.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom