2019 Deer Hunting

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My view for the evening...
BMwIfmS.jpg

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Might be a tough season. I've got 100 acres of milo thats getting ripe to my left, and 60-80 acres of milo on my right at the neighbors. Does all over it this evening way out of range for anything but a 5" howitzer.
About 3pm, they started filtering out of the trees for 1/2 mile and feeding their way east through the milo. Just before dark, they crossed about 250 yards of my pasture to the wheat field across the road right at dark thirty. No antlers among them.
Zero activity in the morning since Wednesday according to trail cams on two locations. Think I'll sleep in tomorrow. 10 hours in the stand today. Took a break at noon for a big ol juicy bacon, cheese, jalapeno burger at the local eatery.

Last edited:

undeg01

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Had 6 doe within feet of my stand this evening. Well, 5 doe and a button buck. One of the doe even walked by and licked my ladder stand that I was sitting in.

At last light, a doe came bolting across the field with a little fork chasing her. He stopped at a scrape under my stand but she kept going. While he was freshening the scrape, I hear hooves coming and she came back by with a little 6 or 8 pt on her tail. Neither were shooters, but it was encouraging to see the movement.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I did get a doe on the way home... thank goodness she ducked my brush guard. Ugh Smh
b269d3c0d75a5cd23a63b36ea562d710.jpg

Most of the deer I saw today were crossing the road on the way in. They were moving just before daylight from the wheat fields back to the bedding areas. You must have caught one moving back to the feed.
A

Latest posts

Top Bottom