2019 OK Legislature gun bills

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Texass Sucks!
Always has and always will. It will be a blue state within 5 years, maybe sooner. The leftist from Austin keep inviting their leftist comrades to move there.
I would say less than 5 years. When Ted Cruz almost loses to a white man that tries to act like he’s Hispanic you know it’s went to Hell.

Poke78

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Constitutional Carry, in the form of HB 2597, is first in the barrel for this session with a committee hearing later this morning (Thursday, 2/7), along with some other bills to advance firearms freedom. SB 12, authored by Nathan Dahm, is the Senate version and is on a later schedule for committee hearing in the Senate.

OKNewshawk

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm surprised that no one has posted this here! The House passed HB 2597 by an overwhelming majority, 70 to 30, with one legislator excused. Six Republicans voted against the measure: Bush (Tulsa,) Nolan (Tulsa/Sand Springs,) Talley (Stillwater/Perkins/Cushing,) and Reps. Trey Caldwell, Pae and Worthen (Lawton.) No Democrats voted for the measure.

Cowcatcher

Unarmed boating accident survivor
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm surprised that no one has posted this here! The House passed HB 2597 by an overwhelming majority, 70 to 30, with one legislator excused. Six Republicans voted against the measure: Bush (Tulsa,) Nolan (Tulsa/Sand Springs,) Talley (Stillwater/Perkins/Cushing,) and Reps. Trey Caldwell, Pae and Worthen (Lawton.) No Democrats voted for the measure.
I'm gonna guess it wasn't posted here because we've got a few constitutional carry threads that several folks have been keeping up in. Posting it under this thread title is probably a good thing too.

C_Hallbert

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Texass Sucks!
Always has and always will. It will be a blue state within 5 years, maybe sooner. The leftist from Austin keep inviting their leftist comrades to move there.

My impression of Texans was influenced by my experience with some of them over the years. I found them extremely hard working, just minded, unlikely to back down from a good fight, rational, humorous, insightful into the character of others, and often somewhat larger than life (they think a lot of themselves....LOL). They are, by a large majority, good people. My earliest impressions were obtained in while serving in the USMC. These impressions were confirmed after moving to Oklahoma from NYC in 1977.

My Wife was born an raised in rural Oklahoma. Her best friend from High School married a cotton farmer who worked the red sloping hills along the Salt Branch of the Brazil’s River outside of Roby, Texas. I spent a vacation there helping him plough, build terraces and plant cotton in three figure heat. Then we spent the night in a horrendous downpour that destroyed about 1/3 of our work. This man died of a heart attack at age 41, and he wasn’t fat or out of shape, either.

Other native Texans I’ve known worked in the Oil Industry, Construction and Medical Fields. God willing, I will die in Oklahoma (Wife says the sooner the better!), but I will always defend the honor of the men and women of Texas. My Great Granddaughter was born there!
b35cd39701b8b0d4b5bb7055514f3754.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Cowcatcher

Unarmed boating accident survivor
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My impression of Texans was influenced by my experience with some of a few of them over the years. I found them extremely hard working, just minded, unlikely to back down from a good fight, rational, humorous, insightful into the character of others, and often somewhat larger than life (they think a lot of themselves....LOL). They are, by a large majority, good people. My earliest impressions were obtained in while serving in the USMC. These impressions were confirmed after moving to Oklahoma from NYC in 1977.

My Wife was born an raised in rural Oklahoma. Her best friend from High School married a cotton farmer who worked the red sloping hills along the Salt Branch of the Brazil’s River outside of Roby, Texas. I spent a vacation there helping him plough, build terraces and plant cotton in three figure heat. Then we spent the night in a horrendous downpour that destroyed about 1/3 of our work. This man died of a heart attack at age 41, and he wasn’t fat or out of shape, either.

Other native Texans I’ve known worked in the Oil Industry, Construction and Medical Fields. God willing, I will die in Oklahoma (Wife says the sooner the better!), but I will always defend the honor of the men and women of Texas. My Great Granddaughter was born there!
b35cd39701b8b0d4b5bb7055514f3754.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Im from Texas and I resemble these remarks.

Latest posts

Top Bottom