2019 OK Legislature gun bills

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DavidMcmillan

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
With the example of how well the medical marijuana has been implemented, I kinda wish they wouldn't introduce any bills...

Actually I was referring to the really poor job of rule writing. It seems that what is in place now is not what was hoped for when the question was on the ballot. I can only imagine what a firearm rule will end up looking like after it gets implemented.

OKNewshawk

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Actually I was referring to the really poor job of rule writing. It seems that what is in place now is not what was hoped for when the question was on the ballot. I can only imagine what a firearm rule will end up looking like after it gets implemented.
I would have said it was the legisture's fault for not writing the regulations' but Fallon didn't let them. Instead of reopening the legislature to write the rules, she opted to invoke an emergency clause to avoid a veto override on the Constitutional Carry bill and kicked the rules writing to the state health department--another example of unelected bureaucrats writing the actual laws.

DavidMcmillan

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
And that is the problem, for OK and on a national basis. I would support a movement to at least once every ten years, prohibit the introduction of any new legislation, and spend that session reviewing current laws for repeal ( the following year)

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
And that is the problem, for OK and on a national basis. I would support a movement to at least once every ten years, prohibit the introduction of any new legislation, and spend that session reviewing current laws for repeal ( the following year)
And you think they could review and repeal any better than they can write new junk?
BAHAHA!

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
With the example of how well the medical marijuana has been implemented, I kinda wish they wouldn't introduce any bills...
I wish they would just adjourn and only come back temporarily from time to time or in case of an emergency like weather.
Texas seems to have it pretty close to right...
From Wiki:
The Texas Legislature meets in regular session on the second Tuesday in January of each odd-numbered year.[1] The Texas Constitution limits the regular session to 140 calendar days.

Only the governor may call the Legislature into special sessions, unlike other states where the legislature may call itself into session. The governor may call as many sessions as he or she desires. For example, Governor Rick Perry called three consecutive sessions to address the 2003 Texas congressional redistricting. The Texas Constitution limits the duration of each special session to 30 days; lawmakers may consider only those issues designated by the governor in his "call," or proclamation convening the special session (though other issues may be added by the Governor during a session).

State legislators in Texas make $600 per month, or $7,200 per year, plus a per diem of $190 for every day the Legislature is in session (also including any special sessions). That adds up to $33,800 a year for a regular session (140 days), with the total pay for a two-year term being $41,000.[4][5] Legislators receive a pension after eight years of service, starting at age 60.[6]

Slim Deal

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Texass Sucks!
Always has and always will. It will be a blue state within 5 years, maybe sooner. The leftist from Austin keep inviting their leftist comrades to move there.

Latest posts

Top Bottom