2020 Game Cam Pictures

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The left is free choice protein, and the right is corn on a timer.
How often are you having to fill the 55 gallon drum protein feeder?!?
The deer on my place will empty a 1000# protein feeder in less than two weeks, so I’d be filling one like that every 3-4 days. I’ve got a timer on the protein feeder this year.

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
How often are you having to fill the 55 gallon drum protein feeder?!?
The deer on my place will empty a 1000# protein feeder in less than two weeks, so I’d be filling one like that every 3-4 days. I’ve got a timer on the protein feeder this year.
For me it seems to fluctuate on how much rainfall we have had. During the drought they ate protein more heavily. This year they didn't eat as heavy until the last month and half. (Drier time of year and less fresh young grazing and browse.)

Oklahomahunter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
For me it seems to fluctuate on how much rainfall we have had. During the drought they ate protein more heavily. This year they didn't eat as heavy until the last month and half. (Drier time of year and less fresh young grazing and browse.)

Mine are the same way. I’ve had them empty it in a week, and there have been times it took 3 weeks. I’ve got it set up so I can adjust how much feed comes out. It’s 2.5 hours from my house so I was afraid they’d eat it too quick for me to refill it, it I’ve been able to stay on top of it this year. They’ve had a bunch of rain down there this year so that’s helped.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
These bucks are loving the horse feed.:thumb:
I just realized I forgot to fix the time on the camera when I filled the feeder yesterday.:censored:
3689631D-A706-4B0F-9DDB-0C7919C57565.jpeg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom