2023 Garden thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

2busy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Sauerkraut in the future
IMG_20230517_141705189.jpg

Actually already have some started

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Had to try and aureate ? The garden, been wet and rain in the forecast. This heavy clay needs air to grow.
Mustard greens are going to seed. If you want some, come get it. I've picked 4 grocery bags the last two days. View attachment 377410

Dang, man... You're like a Shaolin priest of gardening. How do you keep grass and weeds outta that?

We put our garden in this year in a patch that was formerly covered in heavy grass. What a PITA keeping the grass down now. I'm hoping it'll get better next year.

Also just found our potatoes covered in bugs today. Wife is a fan of home remedy things to treat bugs. I'm a fan of using stuff you need a full bio suit to handle. So, we sprayed some mild pesticide on the potatoes to try and save them. We'll see.

I really don't like to use a lot of chemicals but sometimes you just have to. I tried all the non-chemical approaches to keeping ticks off my dogs and nothing worked. So I'm skeptical of these home brew bug killers that I see.

2busy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Dang, man... You're like a Shaolin priest of gardening. How do you keep grass and weeds outta that?

We put our garden in this year in a patch that was formerly covered in heavy grass. What a PITA keeping the grass down now. I'm hoping it'll get better next year.

Also just found our potatoes covered in bugs today. Wife is a fan of home remedy things to treat bugs. I'm a fan of using stuff you need a full bio suit to handle. So, we sprayed some mild pesticide on the potatoes to try and save them. We'll see.

I really don't like to use a lot of chemicals but sometimes you just have to. I tried all the non-chemical approaches to keeping ticks off my dogs and nothing worked. So I'm skeptical of these home brew bug killers that I see.
I had just rolled the grass and weeds under. Lol.
I don't like to use chemicals either but sometimes I use Bt or Neem oil.

OKRuss

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Still getting some asparagus with this cooler weather. Never picked any in June before but will tomorrow! Will cut the last of the spinach today and blanch then freeze for later. Lots of lettuce needs eating along with a few beets and a couple sacrificial onions. Cucumbers are starting to climb the trellis but a long ways from pickles.

Jealous of those big gardens but 8'x40' is plenty for the wife and I.

Latest posts

Top Bottom