2023 Garden thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Getintouch98

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Anyone else buy jalapeno plants and end up with these yellow peppers? Apparently a ton of folks have, me being one of them.
I got them. Supposedly they are banana peppers. Going to try one in a few days when they are ready. This is my first year gardening in Oklahoma and loving it. Peppers, tomatoes and eggplant already. Zucchini is going absolutely crazy. Ready in a few days.

kirk1978

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Squash finally going!
Squash.jpg

kirk1978

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I got them. Supposedly they are banana peppers. Going to try one in a few days when they are ready. This is my first year gardening in Oklahoma and loving it. Peppers, tomatoes and eggplant already. Zucchini is going absolutely crazy. Ready in a few days.
Don't think mine are banana peppers, they look just like a jalapeno but yellow....they smell like they are going to be hot. Ill try one tomorrow.

HillsideDesolate

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What is the issue with wasabi? I’m nquiring minds want to know. Used to grow lots of horseradish.
It's different than horseradish, stronger I guess. I am not a huge fan but ok with sushi. Though like a good steak, good fish stands on it's own. Soaking your sushi in wasabi and soy is an amateur move, but the only option when dealing with the gas station variety.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It's different than horseradish, stronger I guess. I am not a huge fan but ok with sushi. Though like a good steak, good fish stands on it's own. Soaking your sushi in wasabi and soy is an amateur move, but the only option when dealing with the gas station variety.
Oh yeah, it’s much stronger than common horseradish which can overtake a garden if not harvested regularly and kept within its boundaries. I wondered if that was why they were hesitant to plant it?

OKRuss

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This has been a very unusual garden this year here. Potato plants look marvelous and less than 30 days to harvest. We have yet to see a single potato bug or larvae. We have always battled them every year. So weird.
Mine is just the opposite. No bugs at all last several years but on the potatoes like crazy this year. And, my potatoes are about ready to harvest. Most of the tops are yellowed and laying down.

I'm finding out about the horseradish spreading - should've read more too! It's in my asparagus patch so hopefully not much competition.

Onions and beets are ready to be picked and frozen. Small tomatoes, jalapenos, serranos and shishitos on the plants.

Latest posts

Top Bottom