2023 Garden thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HillsideDesolate

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
San Marzano, dat sauce gonna be boss
IMG_20230613_081816.jpg

OKRuss

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
San Marzano, dat sauce gonna be bossView attachment 384572
We didn't have any luck with San Marzano last year(would never ripen) so didn't buy any this year. Same with Roma's - maybe we need to pick some of the blooms but never got good output from either. Shame too as I love making red sauce with San Marzanos!

HillsideDesolate

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We didn't have any luck with San Marzano last year(would never ripen) so didn't buy any this year. Same with Roma's - maybe we need to pick some of the blooms but never got good output from either. Shame too as I love making red sauce with San Marzanos!
Last year was terrible, biggest plants of my life almost no tomatoes till sept. The heat was causing issues. I already have some ripen this week. Kinda mealy if you don't cook them though.

OKRuss

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Mom brought us over some fresh zucchini bread and making yellow squash poppy seed bread today. She just always plants too much because likes giving it away.

Pulled our potatoes(about 30 lbs total - red, yukon gold and purple) and a few onions. Need to pull more beets too. Cucumbers are climbing like crazy. Tomatoes took a beating with the latest hail storms but way I look at it is mother nature helped me prune them!
potatoes.jpg

Attachments

• first beets.jpg
    first beets.jpg
    892 KB · Views: 0

rickm

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Foster daughter's garden is green but the squash isn't producing ant thing has plenty of blooms but the fruit drops over when it gets about 2 inches long, got a few cucumbers

Attachments

• 20230528_193717.jpg
    20230528_193717.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 0

Latest posts

Top Bottom