2024 Health Insurance

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1shott

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I will find out later this month into next month.

I am currently paying about $150 every two weeks. Single guy, health insurance, also dental, vision, we get basic vision free but I buy the higher plan, no deductibles with that one, legal, critical care, hospital indemnity, basic life and a $500,000 accidental death and dismember policy.

The Medical is around $120 of that price.

Thing is the coverage sucks ass, no more out of network anything. I had my yearly in March, the blood was sent to a out of network lab unknowing to me, in June I get the demand payment letter, I was confused, went to the aetnas website, sure enough claim denied, out of network, I had words with aetna, my employers and the doctors office no one gave a rats ass, ponied up and paid the bill.

If I need a procedure done, no longer can my doctor refer me, no I have to contact another company, surgery plus, they will review the case, decide if I need the procedure then tell me where to go and what doctor to see, might be local, might be Norman, Tulsa or Dallas or anywhere else. If I don't then the procedure is not covered by insurance.

Its all a scam.

Last edited:

El Pablo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Medicare is no different. When we get a cost of living increase, the insurance companies match it with a price increase.
Thank God we don't live off of SS as a sole source of income. I feel bad for the folks that do with this inflation.
When my wife retired early, she had to go to obummer care until she reached medicare age. It cost us $1100 a month for a $10,000 deductable policy.
Fawk the you can keep your doctor and keep your policy BS that the idiot mulatto in charge of this country espoused on this country to get that joke of a medical care passed.
i was paying over 800 a month at an employer after they paid their cut for a 10k deductible family plan. Was over 2k a month when I had to pay it all myself. And that was 2 or 3 years ago.

TinkerTanker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Fred are you healthy? If you are, and I tell my kids this too, get that bronze crappy obummer care plan and open an HSA. You get to save money tax free and if you kick over it becomes an IRA for your kids.
You can open an account at livelyme.com and when you have medical problems, just put $100 in there and use it immediately. You don't have to leave it in there for a time before using it, and you get the deductions.

Or let it sit and invest it so it can grow completely tax free and once you turn 65 it just becomes like another IRA with associated taxes, EXCEPT for medical. All that is still tax free (save receipts!).

Politicians love a game, and HSAs are just another game they play so they can get tax free money and you dont.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
When the wife and I retired in 2014, she was only 62 years old and couldn't qualify for Medicare. She looked into the Obumba-crap stuff and found that she would pay $250 per month and then have a deductible of $10,000, so she would be out $13,000 before Obumba-crap would pay anything.

She elected to not sign up because we seldom ever had to go to the doctor. If she did have to do stuff like mammograms, she would inform the clinic/doctor/hospital that she was self pay. They generally gave a fairly hefty discount for paying ourselves. I think the least that was discounted was lab work, which they only discounted 40%.

She also went with using GoodRX for prescriptions. At the time, GoodRX was cheaper for her three prescriptions than what it was when she had insurance through our employer. We haven't used GoodRX in some time, so I don't know if they are still as good as they were.

Now, both of us are on Medicare and a supplement. She is on Plan F and I am on Plan N. The main difference between the two plans is that I have a co-pay and she doesn't. With this system, we can go to any doctor and not have any issues with getting treatment if we are out of state, and health networks are out of the picture as well.

jakeman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Medicare is no different. When we get a cost of living increase, the insurance companies match it with a price increase.
Thank God we don't live off of SS as a sole source of income. I feel bad for the folks that do with this inflation.
When my wife retired early, she had to go to obummer care until she reached medicare age. It cost us $1100 a month for a $10,000 deductable policy.
Fawk the you can keep your doctor and keep your policy BS that the idiot mulatto in charge of this country espoused on this country to get that joke of a medical care passed.

$812 a month for a Gold plan for me as a single, for a policy not half as good as the one I had when I was working. I don’t know where they got the name Affordable Healthcare Act cause it sure as heck ain’t affordable.

I’ll probably downgrade my coverage during open enrollment and just roll the dice. I’d have to get awful sick to have $12,000 in medical bills, so I can’t see paying that for just the premium with an additional $1200 deductible and $9100 OOP.

Two 12 year olds could have come up with something better than this. It takes Congress to screw up something this badly.

1shott

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
$812 a month for a Gold plan for me as a single, for a policy not half as good as the one I had when I was working. I don’t know where they got the name Affordable Healthcare Act cause it sure as heck ain’t affordable.

I’ll probably downgrade my coverage during open enrollment and just roll the dice. I’d have to get awful sick to have $12,000 in medical bills, so I can’t see paying that for just the premium with an additional $1200 deductible and $9100 OOP.

Two 12 year olds could have come up with something better than this. It takes Congress to screw up something this badly.

Its all part of the plan to force us into single payer, and re distribute wealth to others.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
I have been on my wife’s insurance (Oklahoma Heart Hospital) for 34 years. She went part time two years ago and they waited until the open enrollment was closed before they informed employees that there was going to be a higher cost to part timers.
It cost us an additional 4K to insure me last year. I just turned in my paperwork to get on the state employee plan yesterday. I ‘think’ I get to keep all my docs, we’ll see…

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
I will find out later this month into next month.

I am currently paying about $150 every two weeks. Single guy, health insurance, also dental, vision, we get basic vision free but I buy the higher plan, no deductibles with that one, legal, critical care, hospital indemnity, basic life and a $500,000 accidental death and dismember policy.

The Medical is around $120 of that price.

Thing is the coverage sucks ass, no more out of network anything. I had my yearly in March, the blood was sent to a out of network lab unknowing to me, in June I get the demand payment letter, I was confused, went to the aetnas website, sure enough claim denied, out of network, I had words with aetna, my employers and the doctors office no one gave a rats ass, ponied up and paid the bill.

If I need a procedure done, no longer can my doctor refer me, no I have to contact another company, surgery plus, they will review the case, decide if I need the procedure then tell me where to go and what doctor to see, might be local, might be Norman, Tulsa or Dallas or anywhere else. If I don't then the procedure is not covered by insurance.

Its all a scam.
You mean like the ‘Death Panels’ that the liberals claimed didn’t exist?

Latest posts

Top Bottom