22plinkster tests the "Sonicking Tacticle Scope"--HOW GOOD IS AN $18 AMAZON SCOPE?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RugersGR8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
About half this an honest scope test, the other half is 22plinkster schtick. :scratch: :mean: :naughty: :rollingla:rollingla:rollingla

HOW GOOD IS AN $18 AMAZON SCOPE? - THE GOOD, BAD, AND UGLY!
22plinkster
Published on Aug 22, 2018

RugersGR8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
How about a brief summary of the brand/results for us videographically challenged folks on slow dialup...
:drunk2:

22Plinkster did very basic fogging and clarity test which the scope passed. Then he mounted the scope on a Volquartsen $1200 10/22 with the rings that come with the scope. He zeroed it then tested the tracking of the scope by shooting a shot, 20 clicks right a shot, 20 more clicks right a shot, 20 clicks down a shot, 20 clicks left a shot, 20 more clicks left a shot, 20 clicks up a shot and last 20 clicks to the right again and a shot. It wound up very close to the beginning and the overall tracking wasn't too bad. He then tested the shockproofness of the scope. He took a rubber mallet and gave the windage/elevation turrets three light taps each and shooting one shot, then three heavier taps each and a shot, and finally three more heavier taps each and a shot. It was then the scope failed each time the taps were made heavier and made about a 2 to 3 inch spread between the first and third shot. His waterproof test was to dunk the scope in about 4ft. of water in a pool for about 10 seconds and the scope passed. Enter the 22plinkster schtick, he put it up against a weed eater, passed, a compound bow through the objective lens, failed, and a bush hog, failed miserably(in pieces). He didn't recommend it.

Last edited:

RugersGR8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Lol, thanks. Makes ya wonder if a $500 (or more) scope would pass all those "tests" ... :D

Many of the replies on the video asked the very same type questions.

Offhand, I would say that the scope reminds me of the cheap Tasco and Bushnell scopes that I bought back in the day for $20 to $30 and were either 4x or 3x9 magnification. They were good enough for 22LR rifles. I can't believe however that the scope has an AO at that price.

From what I can tell, this must be the scope in question, if anyone wants to look:
https://www.amazon.com/SonickingTac...955&sr=8-1&keywords=sonicking#customerReviews

PS I am beginning to wonder that if the scope makers/sellers are as dogmatic as 22plinker says they are, how many of the scope reviews(above link) are truly reviews and not company propaganda?

Last edited:

beardking

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
PS I am beginning to wonder that if the scope makers/sellers are as dogmatic as 22plinker says they are, how many of the scope reviews(above link) are truly reviews and not company propaganda?

Considering how many follow up emails I have received from sellers when I have left a bad review, all offering to refund my purchase price if only I'll take down my negative review and replace it with a positive one, I'd say at least half of those reviews are bought and paid for. I have yet to remove my negative reviews, but I'm more than happy to take their refunds.

Cowcatcher

Unarmed boating accident survivor
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I find the video to be good entertainment. Who would really expect an $18 scope to hold zero if it was dropped etc. My big concern and question is, Why are there 100-150 folks a year leaving their scopes laying in the weeds to be found by the weed eater????

Latest posts

Top Bottom