27 Years Ago Today

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Raido Free America

Radio Free America
Special Hen
Reaction score
Looking back on a long life, I have been around for several of these life changing events. I missed Purl Harbor, but not by much. All these landmark events since, that I was around for, literally changed the future! We all know there will be more of these catistrofic events, but it seems they are never something anyone would expect, or predict! Who would have expected the bombing of a federal building, in OKC. or 9/11? If the Russian invasion of Ukraine, evolves into WW3, then I guess that event was it? Good luck to us!

GeneW

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I know an OHP trooper that told me he wrote John Doe 1or 2 ( I don't recall which now) a speeding ticket on the Turner Turnpike and that JD was given 2 more tickets between OKC and somewhere in Ohio. I asked if he knew what happened to him. He said JD is either in witness protection or in a hole in the ground.
I don't mean to introduce conspiracy theories and run things off in crazy directions, but I well remember the controversy over the death of Kenneth Trentadue at the OKC Prison Transfer place at the OKC Airport. You can google the name and read a lot about this. Time going by has diluted the memory of this, but there were just too many people talking about this that were around the incident.

Aries

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I thought he intentionally didn't have a plate on the car. I could be wrong.
Somewhere, sometime, from something, I got the impression McVeigh might have been a sovcit. I'm not sure where/how I got the idea. But leaving the scene of a crime would sure seem like a bad time to practice your ideology.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
One thing for sure, after Ruby Ridge and Waco, with all the BS going on with the Clintons - the Patriot movement was strong. Shortwave radio was the Internet of the day, and normal folks were paying attention.

OKC happened, and all that came to a screeching halt. Mission accomplished.

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I was in school. After it happened they wheeled in a tv and we watched the aftermath on the news. I couldn’t believe it. I will never forget about going up there and seeing it in person. I will never forget it.

tynyphil

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I was at work about 10 miles to the east. We had just opened the pharmacy. Had a bunch of “sun catchers” hanging in the windows that all started banging against the glass. “What was THAT ?” It was also my birthday….. changed that forever.

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I missed this thread first time around. I was at a conference in NE Georgia the day it happened, but I had no idea and was wondering why people at the conference were asking me if I worked in the Federal building in OKC. Finally figured it out, and went to my room at lunchtime to turn on the TV. I remember watching the horrifying news reels, and seeing a beautiful and quiet rural mountain scene outside my window…

Latest posts

Top Bottom