2nd time in a month to be placed on hold

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

carter

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
i went to sprtsworld this wekend to get a rifle. picked itout and filled out the paper work ... when they called it in i was told that i was on hold. this is the second time in the last month. the last time was at a gun show with an out of town seller.

at least they said that i can pick it up on thursday.

i did use my soc sec #....... i asked who i can call to see why i am being placed on hold and they said that they would give me a number to call when i pick up the rifle and to ask for a personal id number??????? this may help in the future???? how much more personal may i get than my soc sce#?????

but i did feel better when my wife went to get a new phone and she was told that the contract is not up until the end of the month.... so no new phone until then..... she was placed on hold as well!!!!

i can wait - but it does take some of the fun out and i still feel like a criminal being turnedplaced on hold --- it feels like being turned down!#%#!^!#^#$

ssgrock3

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well you can definitely be expected to placed on hold a 3rd time if you purchase a gun. Call them up after you pick up the gun and find out what the deal is.

Why would he expect to get a delay?

It is actually called a delay, not a hold.

The pin is if this continues to occur, the PIN Personal identification number will allow them to go directly to your record and see you have been approved, and should eleminate further holds. I have a common name and used to get a hold occasionally, it would irritate me to no end, but never did go the PIN route.

Now I get one, most times I do not.

reddog1

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Boehlertaught

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I used to get delayed...told by Fed it was because they knew too much! I was too public because I bought guns regularly and had a C & R FFL. I havent been delayed in over a year and in tha time have quit using my SSN. Hang in there I am sure all this will blow over.

Latest posts

Top Bottom