3 Handguns Now

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

davek

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Actually I have these as my solution:

1- S&W 1086, 10mm fun

2 - Glock 17 with Advantage Arms .22 kit. This is the pistol I'd take to my next training class.

3 - Walther PPS 9mm for carry.

And, speaking of training, get some training before you buy pistols. Most places will rent you one for class.

foghorn918

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
1) 1911 .45 ACP - Kimber, Colt, or Springfield Armory

2) Not a handgun but....Smith & Wesson M&P 15/22 :yelclap: - way fun, cheap ammo = more shooting, use option #1 or #3 for home protection

3) Kahr P9 or Kahr P40

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Don't buy the Sig last - it'll make you want to throw the others in the trash.

Just sayin'

If you want a .357 Sig caliber gun "just because" then cool - but if you plan on shooting it a lot, then I hope you either have deep pockets or reload (or catch them on sale - seems like .357Sig and 10mm every now and then are super-cheap due to sitting on a shelf for so long because they were super expensive).

I owned a Glock 32 for about 2 weeks and then sold it because I couldn't afford to feed it (and that was back when .357Sig was a lot cheaper than it is).

As for smaller caliber gun for plinking - check out a Beretta 92 - I'm starting to lust more and more over them (and the M9s - DrJekyll watch out, I'm coming for yours). CZs are also super-fun as is the Sig 228 (or 229).

I agree with paul0731 in that I wouldn't get a .380 - I like to shoot my defensive guns a lot (and with more than a few of the rounds I plan on using defensively) - and I cringe at the thought of a few hundred rounds of Self-Defensive.380 rounds (or even a few hundred rounds of FMJ)

Plus, the Kahr MK9 and PM9 are both within a few ounces and centimeters of being as small as Kahr's 380. I'd probably go for a J-Frame if I didn't plan on shooting/cleaning it as often as a micro-sized semi-auto needs to be shot/cleaned.

Soulman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
G27/33: Carry (subcompact: great for summer or deeper concealement)
G23/32: Carry (compact: middle of the road and an all around good gun that can be used for pretty much everything from carry to plinky at the range.)
G22/G31: Range/Hunting (Fullsize: great size for range use and doubling as a field/woods gun)

All use the same mags .357/40 and with a barrel swap you can go from .357 to 40 or with a 9mm convo barrel you can shoot all 3 calibers with the same frame. If you go with the 9mm convo barrel, you will need to go with 9mm mags for reliable feeding. Some claim the .357/40 mags will work with 9mm ammo, but they have jammed for me.

BigRed82

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yeah. Start at the top!

:Heya:

I love my GLOCKs/Kahr....but Sig will always hold a special place in my heart.

I did the opposite - I started with HKs and SIGs and then eventually moved to 1911s and Glocks. I sold my P2000, P226, and P228, and I haven't regretted selling them for a second.

The only two handguns I have ever regretted selling is a 2nd gen G19 and a 91/30 Mosin.

Don't get me wrong, SIGs are good, reliable handguns, and I wouldn't refuse a SIG if it was given to me for free, but they certainly aren't a "top" category firearm. Only custom made 1911s are "top" IMO.

tm8634

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
iv bought a kimber 45 for big...beretta px4 sub 9mm holds13...ruger lcp 380 for something i need to really hide/conceal...:lookaroun i have to have variaty i couldnt carry 3 pistols of the same brand, but thats just me:blush:

rw1341

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
For gun #1 - Glock 21, .45 cal 13 round mags
For gun #2 - a .22 like a Ruger MK II etc.
For gun #3 - Glock 30, .45 cal 10 round mags
Food for thought on the CCW. This is the weapon you are planning on saving you and (more importantly) your family's hide. Don't skimp on ballistics/round count. The above would let you stock up one one caliber of ammo and the Glock 21 mags would work in the Glock 30 in a pinch. Good luck!

Latest posts

Top Bottom