5 Ways We Ruined the Occupy Wall Street Generation

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Fair enough, pretty good explaination. I don't get offended by anything, so that's why I asked. I'm a little disconnected, but I guess some folks just need to vent. Life is too short to be pissed off at hippies, though. I'd be pissed if I was forced to become a hippie, but those that choose that life don't bother me.

You've obviously never been in close proximity to hippies then. They can be quite odoriferous! :)

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
A serious question, not trying to stir any pots.

Why are all of you so angry at these protestors? Did they crap in your yard? Are they chasing you kids around with sticks? Did they kick your dog? Does thier action affect any of you personally? I don't understand the outrage towards fellow Americans exercising thier right to protest. I don't have a dog in this fight, I could care less if they want to hang out in a park and not shower. Why get your panties in a bunch? I'm just curious.

Speaking for myself, I'm not angry by any means. However, I don't care for ANYONE that sits around that whines and moans about what the world owes them. Don't care if it's in a park in NY or a couch in their "home."

Michael Brown

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've got to differ with those who indicate that "we" ruined the OWS generation.

In fact, I would argue that the name is incorrect.

OWS is still only a percentage of this generation.

I am among the older of the Gen X'rs and personally observed the Progressive Movement affect a large percentage of succeeding generations.

Those Progressives who spawned children created the OWS subset of this generation.

OTOH, Traditionalists of the late boomer and early Gen X'rs created the kids that are currently fighting our enemies in Iraq and Afghanistan. Thus I refuse to believe it is a matter of Gen X ruining the current generation.

If someone wants to argue that we didn't compel them to do enough work early in life or that we allowed them to play too many video games, I can agree to a point but the fact that this country is so evenly split politically between Traditionalists and Progressives indicates to me that some did and some didn't.

I firmly believe that the current generation because of it's wars that my generation wasn't forced to fight on a large scale, will produce some fine leaders in a number of fields.

It will simply be a matter of what this generation chooses to honor: Those who took a dump in a cup, smoked weed and complained about those with more stuff than them or those who picked up rifles to make certain that those who wanted to take a dump in a cup could do so.

We'll see...........

Michael Brown

Latest posts

Top Bottom