581 people have been shot and killed by police so far in 2017

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Are people less respectful of authority, are cops more prone to "go to guns" because of poor training, are people in general more violent? Do people just not give a damn to where they're not afraid to take on our cops?

All honest questions.

All valid IMO.

I think someone posted that article previously. Lots of holes to poke in that one. Well... I guess a direct comparison could be made if one wanted to justify disarming the U.S. But the Iceland comparison is hilarious, how much human interaction would Iceland have vs Stockton CA?

Edit: You keep editing your post lol. Pertaining to England, I'd say that they have less armed confrontations due to less guns in the country.

Last edited:

GlockPride

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Are people less respectful of authority, are cops more prone to "go to guns" because of poor training, are people in general more violent? Do people just not give a damn to where they're not afraid to take on our cops?

All honest questions.

Look at this article. Police shootings in England and Wales: 55 in the last 24 years US: 59 in the first

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.th...counted-police-killings-us-vs-other-countries

If more than a handful of English cops had firearms, would there be more shootings? Also, taking away tools such as certain body part locks, batons and asps have changed the force continuum.

People in society in general are way less respectful of law enforcement. They have little fear of punishment, often wearing it as an honor or 'cred'. In some cultures, it's even encouraged and thought highly of that should run from or fight the law. The law is "always out to get them" in one way or another. They have often been fed this lie by media and race hustlers looking for funds.
I think if the cops went back to knocking more thugs around and dispensing a little street justice, then there'd be less shootings. But now there are cameras around and the law officers often have many more restrictions placed upon them than the average joe citizen. All backed by a court system that wants to slap hands instead of holding bad people accountable for their bad actions. The courts are packed with people from the political class that are trying to get votes. Hmmmmm.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
All valid IMO.

I think someone posted that article previously. Lots of holes to poke in that one. Well... I guess a direct comparison could be made if one wanted to justify disarming the U.S. But the Iceland comparison is hilarious, how much human interaction would Iceland have vs Stockton CA?

Edit: You keep editing your post lol. Pertaining to England, I'd say that they have less armed confrontations due to less guns in the country.

Good points.

If more than a handful of English cops had firearms, would there be more shootings? Also, taking away tools such as certain body part locks, batons and asps have changed the force continuum.

People in society in general are way less respectful of law enforcement. They have little fear of punishment, often wearing it as an honor or 'cred'. In some cultures, it's even encouraged and thought highly of that should run from or fight the law. The law is "always out to get them" in one way or another. They have often been fed this lie by media and race hustlers looking for funds.
I think if the cops went back to knocking more thugs around and dispensing a little street justice, then there'd be less shootings. But now there are cameras around and the law officers often have many more restrictions placed upon them than the average joe citizen. All backed by a court system that wants to slap hands instead of holding bad people accountable for their bad actions. The courts are packed with people from the political class that are trying to get votes. Hmmmmm.

Good point about losing the good old hickory shampoo.

YukonGlocker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
the-andy-griffith-show.jpg

Okie1907

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
All valid IMO.

I think cops get tons of respect. People are constantly kissing up to them. Some people could only dream of the respect an officer gets. I see them walk into a gas station I go into and the crowds part for them.

D. Hargrove

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Snip:
I see them walk into a gas station I go into and the crowds part for them.
I believe that is simply due to a consistent diet of fast food, primarily chili cheese dogs that enables a vast degree of crepitations that are capable of severely stunning the human nasal senses...

Annie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Snip:
I believe that is simply due to a consistent diet of fast food, primarily chili cheese dogs that enables a vast degree of crepitations that are capable of severely stunning the human nasal senses...

I have experienced this phenomena firsthand, unfortunately. It is REAL ... and it can NEVER be forgotten. Those folks were wise to "part like the Red Sea". :hey3::bolt: (Btw, McDonald's, Sonic and WhataBurger are capable of producing the same result as chili cheese dogs ... :bigeye::naughty::rotflmao:)

Latest posts

Top Bottom