581 people have been shot and killed by police so far in 2017

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It's a LIBERAL mantra and talking point, Sunshine! And it started with Ferguson, which was also based upon a liberal lie of the gentle giant and hands up, don't shoot. It's a LIE and speaking point in order to denigrate police officers. Are they perfect? Hell no. Do most stand between my family and evil and do right 99% of the time? Absolutely!
There's a thousand other things more important than .00000176 chance of occurrence. Let's spend time and discuss things that ACTUALLY effect us and the communities around us. But discuss away on something that's likely to effect way less than 1 of on this forum, statically speaking.

No, it isn't snowflake! At least not what we're trying to talk about. We're talking about the factual statistic of the numbers/percentages of police shootings in America compared to other civilized,Western nations. Not bashing cops, not saying "he dint do nuphin. He was a good boy", or any of those other BLM talking points. We're trying to talk about the numbers. Dial down your rage and pay attention.

The factors contributing to the numbers of police shootings in this country are VERY important, and ACTUALLY affect a lot of us. It's worth talking about. None of that means it's the fault of law enforcement. Getting all enraged and attacking people who want to discuss it doesn't help, not one bit.

GlockPride

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
No, it isn't snowflake! At least not what we're trying to talk about. We're talking about the factual statistic of the numbers/percentages of police shootings in America compared to other civilized,Western nations. Not bashing cops, not saying "he dint do nuphin. He was a good boy", or any of those other BLM talking points. We're trying to talk about the numbers. Dial down your rage and pay attention.

The factors contributing to the numbers of police shootings in this country are VERY important, and ACTUALLY affect a lot of us. It's worth talking about. None of that means it's the fault of law enforcement. Getting all enraged and attacking people who want to discuss it doesn't help, not one bit.

I'm about as fracking far as you can get from snowflake, pilgrim. You know what might work best for this discussion, let's talk about the number of people who were accidentally shot and killed by the police, murdered in cold blood by the police and the small percentage of questioable police shootings. I happen to believe that extreme majority are 'justifiable' under the color of the law. This number of non-justifiable would be very, very low. I'd personally be very concerned about the ones that weren't justified. That's the one the could be 'me' or us. Otherwise, it doesn't effect us because we would comply and fight it out in the courts, more than likely.
When you have a loss of heritage/culture/respect for the civilization and society at large, you're going to get more shootings and more dead people.
The 'factors' that police are shooting people is because the people they shoot are being violent towards the police, harming others or threatening grevious, bodily harm. Now, the police come to your home and mistake your address for the call from next door, break in and shoot you; I'm going to be mad as heck, pissed off and supporting you. Those are the police shootings I really care about deeply.

Last edited:

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm about as fracking far as you can get from snowflake, pilgrim. You know what might work best for this discussion, let's talk about the number of people who were accidentally shot and killed by the police, murdered in cold blood by the police and the small percentage of questioable police shootings. I happen to believe that extreme majority are 'justifiable' under the color of the law. This number of non-justifiable would be very, very low. I'd personally be very concerned about the ones that weren't justified. That's the one the could be 'me' or us. Otherwise, it doesn't effect us because we would comply and fight it out in the courts, more than likely.
When you have a loss of heritage/culture/respect for the civilization and society at large, you're going to get more shootings and more dead people.
The 'factors' that police are shooting people is because the people they shoot are being violent towards the police, harming others or threatening grevious, bodily harm. Now, the police come to your home and mistake your address for the call from next door, break in and shoot you; I'm going to be mad as heck, pissed off and supporting you. Those are the police shootings I really care about deeply.

And I'm about as far as you can get from a liberal, sport. You levied that assault first.

I agree with most of this post, except I'm concerned about what is causing ALL the shootings, not just the negligent ones. I'm interested in when/how we reached a tipping point in our society where so many are willing to engage in violence against cops and other citizens.

It's a bad trend, and the answer isn't "F 'em. Let's shoot more of 'em". That doesn't mean cops shouldn't defend themselves and others at all, but we do need to figure out what's causing it. We also need to make sure our cops are well screened and well trained to deal with it while we get it sorted out.

YukonGlocker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Summing up in a single post the state of society and tolerance today. Try to have a civil conversation about the number of police shootings in our country compared to others and it triggers a diatribe exactly of the sort I described in my post.

Asking questions about what is causing the high numbers police shootings is neither liberal nor whiny. Many/most were certainly caused by the negligent action of those targeted, but it is a still a very interesting statistic when compared to other western countries.

If the topic triggers someone, well they can go talk to their chaplain or something, but any one who wants to call me a liberal for bringing it up or engaging in the conversation can respectfully go take a flying f$$k at a rolling donut.

This is spot on.

GlockPride

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
And I'm about as far as you can get from a liberal, sport. You levied that assault first.

I agree with most of this post, except I'm concerned about what is causing ALL the shootings, not just the negligent ones. I'm interested in when/how we reached a tipping point in our society where so many are willing to engage in violence against cops and other citizens.

It's a bad trend, and the answer isn't "F 'em. Let's shoot more of 'em". That doesn't mean cops shouldn't defend themselves and others at all, but we do need to figure out what's causing it. We also need to make sure our cops are well screened and well trained to deal with it while we get it sorted out.

It's simple, very, very simple: some people need to be shot. You don't get that, I don't know how to explain it any better. Only swift and overwhelming violence stops bad guy's actions.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It's simple, very, very simple: some people need to be shot. You don't get that, I don't know how to explain it any better. Only swift and overwhelming violence stops bad guy's actions.

Yeah, you're not getting it. Thanks for trying.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Summing up in a single post the state of society and tolerance today. Try to have a civil conversation about the number of police shootings in our country compared to others and it triggers a diatribe exactly of the sort I described in my post.

Asking questions about what is causing the high numbers police shootings is neither liberal nor whiny. Many/most were certainly caused by the negligent action of those targeted, but it is a still a very interesting statistic when compared to other western countries.

If the topic triggers someone, well they can go talk to their chaplain or something, but any one who wants to call me a liberal for bringing it up or engaging in the conversation can respectfully go take a flying f$$k at a rolling donut.

Are there more? or is the MSM just highlighting them? Are criminals more violent now? more bold? Do criminals violently engage LEO more frequently now?

Honest question.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Are there more? or is the MSM just highlighting them? Are criminals more violent now? more bold? Do criminals violently engage LEO more frequently now?

Honest question.

Are people less respectful of authority, are cops more prone to "go to guns" because of poor training, are people in general more violent? Do people just not give a damn to where they're not afraid to take on our cops?

All honest questions.

Look at this article.

Police shootings in England and Wales: 55 in the last 24 years

US: 59 in the first 24 days of 2015.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.th...counted-police-killings-us-vs-other-countries

Granted, we're much bigger, but that's a stark difference. Are British cops not shooting people that need to be shot or are their people less violent? Are their cops trained better on deescalation or are their citizens more respectful of authority?

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom