581 people have been shot and killed by police so far in 2017

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I about lost tonights supper with that comment. Have fun with that illusion.

Care to elaborate? What about that comment amused you?

Oh, that's right. I'm a liberal because I don't gobble up everything Trump is slinging. Keep forgetting that's become the litmus test of left vs. right in here lol.

You have to remember that the bobbies(police) in England are unarmed.

True. But they still deal with criminals right? Do bobbies get killed or injured more than our cops? Do more bad guys get away? Do they have less bad guys in the first place because of societal differences? Or are bobbies better trained in descalation or other unarmed methods?

I would never advocate for disarming our cops though.

Last edited:

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I think cops get tons of respect. People are constantly kissing up to them. Some people could only dream of the respect an officer gets. I see them walk into a gas station I go into and the crowds part for them.

I wonder what an officer does to get that respect vs those that envy said respect?

yukonjack

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I think cops get tons of respect. People are constantly kissing up to them. Some people could only dream of the respect an officer gets. I see them walk into a gas station I go into and the crowds part for them.

What's wrong with showing a bit of respect? These are the folks our society depends on in times of calamity and chaos. When you take the job you're putting yourself "out there". Maybe you'd like to apply? Plenty of departments are hiring.

Annie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I wonder what an officer does to get that respect vs those that envy said respect?

Do a ride-along. Better than that, do a dozen. Make sure they are on holidays and hoot shift, not that the guys on days and swings don't earn their way, too. I can personally recommend Springlake Division here in OKC. Santa Fe Division is good, too, but if you don't speak Spanish you won't really understand what's going on ... lol

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Do a ride-along. Better than that, do a dozen. Make sure they are on holidays and hoot shift, not that the guys on days and swings don't earn their way, too. I can personally recommend Springlake Division here in OKC. Santa Fe Division is good, too, but if you don't speak Spanish you won't really understand what's going on ... lol

Been there done that.... have LEOs in the family....... my comment was rhetorical.

Chuckie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
And I'm about as far as you can get from a liberal, sport. You levied that assault first.

I agree with most of this post, except I'm concerned about what is causing ALL the shootings, not just the negligent ones. I'm interested in when/how we reached a tipping point in our society where so many are willing to engage in violence against cops and other citizens.

It's a bad trend, and the answer isn't "F 'em. Let's shoot more of 'em". That doesn't mean cops shouldn't defend themselves and others at all, but we do need to figure out what's causing it. We also need to make sure our cops are well screened and well trained to deal with it while we get it sorted out.
OK, OK let me adjust my tin foil hat for a minute and give you a possible reason that so much violence is occurring within our country, as apposed to other First World Nations.

It's due to . . . get ready, heeeere it comes . . . all the crap that the food industry is dumping into our foods; things like artificial flavors and flavor 'enhancer's', artificial colors and color 'enhancer's', artificial aromas and aroma 'enhancer's', texture 'enhancer's', salt, sugars (corn syrup, molasses, sucrose, fructose, dextrose, maltodextrin, sorbitol, to name a few), preservatives, and any number of 'secret' ingredients designed to make you want more of something (concept being - they eat more, we sell more, we profit more).

It has already been accepted as common knowledge for many years that sugar (in it's many forms) can cause hyperactivity in children. It is not too far of a stretch to imagine that all these [so called] added ingredients could cause out-of-control anger (rage), hyper activity, aggressiveness towards others, decreased common-sense, and any number of other anti-social problems. That or the government is experimenting with mass mind control. LOL :hypnotize:

Okie1907

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So youd know more than I would. Do you think they are plenty respected? I dont think there is anything wrong with it. Other than a few annoying comments during traffic stops I have 0 problem with police officers. For all I know the guy before me was a jerk. Usually I turn it around when Im overly kind and they realize I am not a bad guy.

Annie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Been there done that.... have LEOs in the family....... my comment was rhetorical.

Ahhh, sorry ... didn't see that #rhetorical ... lol

Thank them for me for their service, and what they go through, even "off-duty." Just because some folks don't appreciate their service, doesn't mean that EVERYONE doesn't.

caojyn

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
OK, OK let me adjust my tin foil hat for a minute and give you a possible reason that so much violence is occurring within our country, as apposed to other First World Nations.

It's due to . . . get ready, heeeere it comes . . . all the crap that the food industry is dumping into our foods; things like artificial flavors and flavor 'enhancer's', artificial colors and color 'enhancer's', artificial aromas and aroma 'enhancer's', texture 'enhancer's', salt, sugars (corn syrup, molasses, sucrose, fructose, dextrose, maltodextrin, sorbitol, to name a few), preservatives, and any number of 'secret' ingredients designed to make you want more of something (concept being - they eat more, we sell more, we profit more).

It has already been accepted as common knowledge for many years that sugar (in it's many forms) can cause hyperactivity in children. It is not too far of a stretch to imagine that all these [so called] added ingredients could cause out-of-control anger (rage), hyper activity, aggressiveness towards others, decreased common-sense, and any number of other anti-social problems. That or the government is experimenting with mass mind control. LOL :hypnotize:

White's Twinkie defense

Latest posts

Top Bottom