581 people have been shot and killed by police so far in 2017

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Snake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
"Let me ask you this. If the traffic light you stopped for turns green and you have the lawful right of way, but you see a vehicle in the cross traffic lane approaching at a high rate of speed, do you enter the intersection anyway because you have the right of way? After all, they're in the wrong and you're in the right if they enter the intersection while disobeying a red light, right?

Simply put, you can be right, but also dead. So would you rather be dead right or alive and infringed upon? When a dog growls at me, I don't assume he won't bite me because I'm not hurting him and when a cop points a gun at me (only ever in training so far), I don't assume he won't shoot me because I haven't broken the law. I comply with the orders and we'll sort it out either in his CO's office or court as necessary."

Are you inferring that if a police officer gives an unlawful command that you do not obey because it violates your civil rights they will resort to shooting you? I don't understand....all I was asking was what do you do if you are given an unlawful order by a police officer? I watch "Live PD" and it seems they violate the rights of almost everyone they stop. They ask for passenger ID. That is against the law. They will not tell people what they are pulled over for UNTIL they have their ID, that too, is against the law.
Do you give up your civil rights because the police might become violent?
By the side of the road isn't the place to "protest".

dieseltech09

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The German Police University concluded in 2012 that German police had killed six people by gunshot in 2011 and seven in 2012.

According to the German data and the Guardian’s count, more unarmed black men (19) have been fatally shot by US police in 2015 than citizens of any race, armed or unarmed, fatally shot in Germany during all of 2010 and 2011 (15).

The US population is roughly four times that of Germany, and according to the World Bank, the US has a per capita intentional homicide rate five times that of Germany.

Theres than damn 2A causing all the police violence

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The German Police University concluded in 2012 that German police had killed six people by gunshot in 2011 and seven in 2012.

According to the German data and the Guardian’s count, more unarmed black men (19) have been fatally shot by US police in 2015 than citizens of any race, armed or unarmed, fatally shot in Germany during all of 2010 and 2011 (15).

The US population is roughly four times that of Germany, and according to the World Bank, the US has a per capita intentional homicide rate five times that of Germany.

Theres than damn 2A causing all the police violence

About the only point you've made so far is that correlation doesn't equal causation. Did you have another one you're trying to make?

dieseltech09

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
About the only point you've made so far is that correlation doesn't equal causation. Did you have another one you're trying to make?

So you think stricter gun laws are the answer to decreasing police shootings of civilians? My point is the cops killing civilians is an issue that needs to be addressed. Whats yours?

Latest posts

Top Bottom