581 people have been shot and killed by police so far in 2017

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So.....you give up your constitutional rights because of an unlawful command and hope the courts rule in your favor?

Let me ask you this. If the traffic light you stopped for turns green and you have the lawful right of way, but you see a vehicle in the cross traffic lane approaching at a high rate of speed, do you enter the intersection anyway because you have the right of way? After all, they're in the wrong and you're in the right if they enter the intersection while disobeying a red light, right?

Simply put, you can be right, but also dead. So would you rather be dead right or alive and infringed upon? When a dog growls at me, I don't assume he won't bite me because I'm not hurting him and when a cop points a gun at me (only ever in training so far), I don't assume he won't shoot me because I haven't broken the law. I comply with the orders and we'll sort it out either in his CO's office or court as necessary.

Feel free to do otherwise, but don't say you weren't forewarned. :(

dieseltech09

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

DavidMcmillan

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My first response is to support all LEO. I understand that of the thousands currently serving around the country there will be a small percentage that are totally unworthy of that support.

So some would say, disarm the police, or even better, just eliminate them altogether!

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This article is from 2015 but it compares the numbers of US Police killings vs those of other countries. Id think any reasonable person could admit there is a problem here that needs to be addressed. Which is the entire point of my OP

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2015/jun/09/the-counted-police-killings-us-vs-other-countries

And what if the "problem" is that America has the 2nd Amendment right to keep and bear arms, and none of the other countries compared against us do?

RKM

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
"Let me ask you this. If the traffic light you stopped for turns green and you have the lawful right of way, but you see a vehicle in the cross traffic lane approaching at a high rate of speed, do you enter the intersection anyway because you have the right of way? After all, they're in the wrong and you're in the right if they enter the intersection while disobeying a red light, right?

Simply put, you can be right, but also dead. So would you rather be dead right or alive and infringed upon? When a dog growls at me, I don't assume he won't bite me because I'm not hurting him and when a cop points a gun at me (only ever in training so far), I don't assume he won't shoot me because I haven't broken the law. I comply with the orders and we'll sort it out either in his CO's office or court as necessary."

Are you inferring that if a police officer gives an unlawful command that you do not obey because it violates your civil rights they will resort to shooting you? I don't understand....all I was asking was what do you do if you are given an unlawful order by a police officer? I watch "Live PD" and it seems they violate the rights of almost everyone they stop. They ask for passenger ID. That is against the law. They will not tell people what they are pulled over for UNTIL they have their ID, that too, is against the law.
Do you give up your civil rights because the police might become violent?

dieseltech09

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
And what if the "problem" is that America has the 2nd Amendment right to keep and bear arms, and none of the other countries compared against us do?

If the 2nd Amendment was the root of problem I think there would be a lot more that 27 police deaths by shooting this year. Do you really think most of the 581 civilians killed were armed?

Mos Eisley

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
"Let me ask you this. If the traffic light you stopped for turns green and you have the lawful right of way, but you see a vehicle in the cross traffic lane approaching at a high rate of speed, do you enter the intersection anyway because you have the right of way? After all, they're in the wrong and you're in the right if they enter the intersection while disobeying a red light, right?

Simply put, you can be right, but also dead. So would you rather be dead right or alive and infringed upon? When a dog growls at me, I don't assume he won't bite me because I'm not hurting him and when a cop points a gun at me (only ever in training so far), I don't assume he won't shoot me because I haven't broken the law. I comply with the orders and we'll sort it out either in his CO's office or court as necessary."

Are you inferring that if a police officer gives an unlawful command that you do not obey because it violates your civil rights they will resort to shooting you? I don't understand....all I was asking was what do you do if you are given an unlawful order by a police officer? I watch "Live PD" and it seems they violate the rights of almost everyone they stop. They ask for passenger ID. That is against the law. They will not tell people what they are pulled over for UNTIL they have their ID, that too, is against the law.
Do you give up your civil rights because the police might become violent?
Sorry, just had to give that statement a BS. Ugh. I need to stop reading this utter crap!

Latest posts

Top Bottom