59 years old and the heat is finally getting to me.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

elwoodtrix

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
II do take my blood pressure daily, due to medication for HBP. It was fine.
Do you take any water pills like, Hydrochlorothiazide ? Those and any other water pills will have bad effects in that type of heat.
I suffer heat injuries every year since the first time I had one. 31 year, UPS driver.

Big House

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Do you take any water pills like, Hydrochlorothiazide ? Those and any other water pills will have bad effects in that type of heat.
I suffer heat injuries every year since the first time I had one. 31 year, UPS driver.
I did one year and I think that was what caused my HBP. I never had an issue until after that year.

golddigger14s

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My instructor job had me climbing up and down on the Avenger turret no matter the weather, but now I'm just teaching the Stinger missile shot off the shoulder so everything is in an AC classroom. I'm 62 so I'm done climbing up & down in triple digits. Just walking from the parking lot to the classroom in this heat is more than I care for. I need to do some yardwork this weekend and I'm not feeling it. As it is it might not get done till November.

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
I'm 62 and I have blacked out three times from getting too hot while working out in the heat. I started having a real difficult time tolerating the summer temps about 8-10 years ago. Nowadays the heat zaps me very quickly. If it weren't for A/C I would have to move north, heaven forbid.

Profreedomokie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Years ago, while still working at the P666 refinery in Ponca City, a coworker and I were doing a full rubber suit job on a 95-degree day. We're talking about rubber jacket, pants, boots, gloves, and goggles. We worked on a large check valve for two hours straight in the heat. I got pretty sick from it. After that happened, I now have about zero tolerance for the heat. If I'm out in the heat I start getting headaches pretty quick. I'm retired now and I stay in the house or my air-conditioned garage working most of the time.

Latest posts

Top Bottom