59 years old and the heat is finally getting to me.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I got a bit tired out in the heat a few times like the sun was zapping my energy.
Never had that happen.
Well I figured out what I was doing wrong.
I was drinking purified Ozarka and other pure water without minerals.
And I had cut out my milk which was whole milk and gave that a 2 week try.
Cut out all dairy for the 2 weeks.

Did some research on pure water and the human body and it's not good.
I thought I was doing the right things.

Well i am back on my cheaper Great Value bottled water with minerals and back to my whole milk a gallon in 3 days.
This humidity and heat does not get to me now.

Research that milk and hydration and watch what water you are drinking as pure water will pull minerals from your body. ( The way I understand it)

Big House

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I got a bit tired out in the heat a few times like the sun was zapping my energy.
Never had that happen.
Well I figured out what I was doing wrong.
I was drinking purified Ozarka and other pure water without minerals.
And I had cut out my milk which was whole milk and gave that a 2 week try.
Cut out all dairy for the 2 weeks.

Did some research on pure water and the human body and it's not good.
I thought I was doing the right things.

Well i am back on my cheaper Great Value bottled water with minerals and back to my whole milk a gallon in 3 days.
This humidity and heat does not get to me now.

Research that milk and hydration and watch what water you are drinking as pure water will pull minerals from your body. ( The way I understand it)
Funny you should comment about the bottled water. I've thought about that but there is no way I'm drinking the tap water. It turns our shower floor and bottom section of the walls orange. And, Gatorade just makes me thirsty. I'll have to the milk idea a try.

Raido Free America

Radio Free America
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've been in the petroleum industry for almost 15 years. The end product. Meaning, I test a lot a gas stations, military bases, airports, car rental facilities and anything else that are EPA regulated. Testing new installs from the tanks to the sensors that monitor for leaks. This week I was Miami FL area, I started having issues with breathing, fatigue and dizziness. Heat index was 126 with 92% humidity. I do take my blood pressure daily, due to medication for HBP. It was fine. I do try to stay hydrated, but sometimes I get so focused on working that I forget to do my part and take breaks to hydrate and cool down.

I've been asked to move into a management position, but there is a significant pay cut. I've turned them down three times in the past 10 years. Money is too darn good to move down in pay. I may have to take a look at this option now.

I'm trying to stay in my current position until I'm 62, but in all honesty, I'm not sure I can do it.

I'm finished with my crying now. Carry on, my wayward son!
I came to the same realization one day, years ago! I ordered concrete for a slab for an RV building, it was HOT weather, and this concrete was suppose to arrive in the morning. Well naturally it arrived about 2pm, and it was over 100 degrees, and humid. My adult son came out to help, I lasted about 30 minutes, and I simple couldn't do any more! I think the load of concrete was about $1,000.00, but that didn't matter I was finished! The Driver, a young guy, pitched in and helped my son get it worked down where he could finish it, thankfully!!

okcBob

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
In my late 60’s & can’t play golf in the heat anymore. 9 holes with an early am start is the only way I can get out. 18 holes is for spring & fall only

2busy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
59 here also, can't handle the heat anymore either. Had a few close calls in attics doing HVAC. Should be against the law to put HVAC in attics. Put it in a closet like it was done for 50 years. It's a dumb sob that puts it in the attic.

Latest posts

Top Bottom