9 or 40

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OSU Bowhunter

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I started shooting a few years back with my XD9. I have recently purchased a Sig mosquito .22lr and a Kahr CW40. I really wish I would have started out shooting the .22 because I can go to the range and shoot for hours and spend very little on ammo. I shoot CCI mini-mags which are about $7 per 100 rounds and it is a blast. Now that I am more comfortable with my shooting skill moving up in calibers is easy.

Rob72

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks to you all for your input. Now, can anybody give me advice on how to convince my wife that spending $600 is a good investment?

"It's my plasma, I can sell it if I want to!"...?:respect:

Seriously, it really has to be an "us" thing to at least some degree. Dunno what you're after, but I would think you might be able to get closer to $400 than 600, with some shopping. (If you get agreement on $600, and come in at $500 or less, you'll win BIG points;) )

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
i know your asking about the 9 or 40,both will serve you well.fit and comfort for extended practice is the main thing. since your new to firearms,i'm surprised that nobody suggested a revolver to get your feet wet.its the most simple and safest way to go shooting.

white92coupe

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Like others have said gets what's comfortable to you. Some like glocks, and some don't. Personally I like the Smith and Wesson M&P better. Shoot as many different guns and hold as many different ones possible before you make your decision.

Latest posts

Top Bottom