Wife wanted her OWN Mower.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mr.Glock

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have a couple big zero turns. Couple weeks back the wife said, “I want to learn how to mow”.

I am holding off another back surgery till winter. She knows mowing is why I am delaying.

Suddenly she wants to learn how. So we started learning with the Big Gravley, nope to big! Then to the Hustler, nope to big!

Said, “ find me a smaller one”. Well one popped up on here a little 42” John Deer. Got it and she is lovin it already! Brought it home this morning and she mowed for over an hour!

I am like, “Why in the HELL couldn’t this new found hobby started 40 years ago“! LOL!

And she insisted it get a parking spot in the Yard Barn.

IMG_7673.jpegIMG_4960.jpegIMG_4963.jpeg

Last edited:

rickm

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The mower i use on a regular basis has a 48 in deck and times it is to big and then my secondary mower has a 60 in deck but it is only used on large over grown areas. But both are tractor style mowers im not a fan of the zero turns had to run them at work and really didnt like them they finally got me a different mower that i liked.

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You'll be well served by that machine. It's a nice one.

I'd love to have a JD zero turn. I seriously contemplated that one. But, I have a JD X350 that I bought in 2016 and it's still in fantastic condition. It's got a 42" deck so I can fit it thru the yard gate. It's probably marginal for the remainder of the property I need to mow. It works, it just takes a while. It still has the original batt-tree and fires right up. I'll just have to run it for a while longer, looks like.

Hangfire

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I dream of the day when my wife will get on a mower. She’s never mowed a blade of grass in her life and probably never will after seeing me come in time after time covered in grass and dust.
I was on a fishing trip in the NWT and knowing how pooped I was after I return from those trips mama thought that she'd have the yard mowed for me when I returned.....she'd never mowed before in her life.

It's always been two pulls for me but she couldn't get the push mower started so the walked over to the neighbor and he started it for her......she said she made one pass around the yard, figured out she didn't like it, turned it off and called a lawn mowing guy. :D

Mr.Glock

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I was on a fishing trip in the NWT and knowing how pooped I was after I return from those trips mama thought that she'd have the yard mowed for me when I returned.....she'd never mowed before in her life.

It's always been two pulls for me but she couldn't get the push mower started so the walked over to the neighbor and he started it for her......she said she made one pass around the yard, figured out she didn't like it, turned it off and called a lawn mowing guy. :D
I dream of the day when my wife will get on a mower. She’s never mowed a blade of grass in her life and probably never will after seeing me come in time after time covered in grass and dust.

@dennishoddy & @Hangfire !! I’m telling ya might get a surprise one day! Haaaaa!

My wife was a stay at home Momma till the kids got full time in school, then to Nursing School she went. I worked full time, farmed, drilled wells and ran my dozer service. She pushed mowed our yard for several years, small yard fenced in on the farm. Graduated College and never again! That was 37 years ago, we’ve been married 43.

But out of the blue she wanted in on it, and when I suggested the push mower, she said” uh no” very sternly! LOL! I enjoy mowing, as I have always like operating equipment, it’s therapeutic to me same as riding motorcycles.

Latest posts

Top Bottom