94 AWB mentality?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Street Rat

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I was around then, I probably had a 22 pistol and rifle my dad gave me, but I didn't pay a lot of attention to what was going on around me. I've seen post concerning the panic buying around 94, but were people talking about back then? Was it the same as it is now, as far as "from my cold dead hands" perspective. We didn't have the WWW back then, and without it, I can't see people having a large forum to discuss what they were going to do, it got passed afterall. I'm really curious, looking at the Drudge Report the last couple of days and you would think somethings getting ready to give.

WTJ

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There was quite a bit of upheaval, but ultimately it boiled down to a silly inconvenience after the knowledgeable figured out the bayonet lugs and 'flash hiders' didn't affect the functionality of the firearms in the least. There was a good bit of alarming discussion at the time, to include a lot of .mil and LE personnel wondering if it would turn ugly, along with some threats and outright dissension. I recall some sage calling for a possible homegrown version of the Phoenix Program, and silly shite of that nature. Billy and cronies used the backlash from OKC to push this, which was supposedly backlash from the Weaver and Waco incidents. His AG, Reno, was about as popular as Richard Holder is, and both are peas in a pod when it comes to spurious events on their respective watches. Billy was a master of not wasting a crisis, mostly because he felt 'mericas pain.

This, IMO, is a completely different ball game. Billy C was an astute politician and wasn't nearly as stupid as this group. They truly believe the American public will swallow this without a sound. That makes them both incredibly foolish AND dangerous.

KurtM

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yeah I was around, and yes the same things went down. The problem I see is that " they" learn from the past and now know about all the " loop holes" (God I hate that term) This time seems much more polarised and i hope that is the case! Rampant " civil disobedience may be the key and a whole bunch of f.u. to the gov.

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The government has learned from the past you can believe that. They devoted much more time and resources to this legislation. And that is a bad thing for us. Plus back in 94 the media wasn't quite what it is now. And you didn't have the internet as big as what it is now. Back then you could visit a handful of websites. But you never saw the headlines that you see now. Today is a whole different ball game. And we must be ready to play the best game of our lives.

Latest posts

Top Bottom