A new low for the VA.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Yourshoesareuntied

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
The VA is going through a cycle, back when it was bad it was ran by the central office. Decisions were often made by people who sit behind a desk far away from a hospital. When things were good as it was say a year or so ago each VA medical center ran itself with little influence from central office....it appears that the VA is tranding back towards a central office. The OKC VA is the best in our region, our region is called VISN 16, Dallas is not part VISN 16

kroberts2131

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Most likely, none, but this is the same VA that will screw over a veteran for years, finally decide to provide benefits as he's dying from a service-related condition, then, after his death, take back every cent they deposited into his account (regardless of the fact that his estate had already used some of the money to cover his final expenses)...

Crap like this is what kept me from filing my claim for 15 years. I just recently decided to file. This confirms that I have a hellova fight ahead of me.

The hospitals are under VHA "Veteran's Health Administration" and benefits are under VBA "Veteran's Benefit Administration".....both are "VA" but they are two completely different organizations.

53convert

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Its not isolated to this one in Texas.
Saw on the drudge today that a VA in Georgia was denying Christmas carolers permission to sing Christmas songs to the vets Because of the new regs and red tape.

Latest posts

Top Bottom