A plea to okc sports fans..,

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WhiteyMacD

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
OSA,

I know hockey isn't the most popular of sports in Oklahoma, however, there is a great opportunity to see a pro level style of play in OKC right now.

For this that don't know, the NHL has been in a lockout this season. Because of this, our local AHL team has some extremely great talent playing. This is a chance to see some NHL quality players playing at AHL priced tickets. Our team, the OKC Barons is a feeder team for the Edmonton Oilers. We currently have the top 3 point winners in the entire AHL. Even if you do not really care for hockey, this is an opportunity to see some outstanding athletes.

Come out and support a local team.

WhiteyMacD

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If I didn't work evenings I would. I love some good hockey.

Surely you'll have at least one evening off. If you find one that lines up with a home game, PM me. I'll see if I can hook you up with some tickets.

I can't help everyone, but I'll help as many as I can, first come, first serve.

Like I said, this is a great opportunity to see some outstanding talent. I just want to see this team thrive.

GUN DOG

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Glad you posted, I've been caught up in moving etc how could I forget my 1st love of sport, growing up in eastern Canada with the Nova Scotia voyageurs & playing through high school. I'll have to check the schedual

WhiteyMacD

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Glad you posted, I've been caught up in moving etc how could I forget my 1st love of sport, growing up in eastern Canada with the Nova Scotia voyageurs & playing through high school. I'll have to check the schedual

If you are willing to still play, you might be surprised at the level of play in out local men's leagues. I'm a northern transplant myself.

Arctic Edge in Edmond and Blazers Ice Centre in OKC offers everything from stick & puck to adult league. Worth checking out.

SlammerG_89

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don't know many people outside of me, my cousin, dad and you whitey that like hockey around these parts. Jordan Eberle has been tearing it up for OKC this season thanks to the lockout. Hopefully he can stay around long enough for me to see him once more when I take my friend coming home on R&R to the game the 11th. From the sounds of things the NHL and NHLPA are close to an agreement.

WhiteyMacD

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't know many people outside of me, my cousin, dad and you whitey that like hockey around these parts. Jordan Eberle has been tearing it up for OKC this season thanks to the lockout. Hopefully he can stay around long enough for me to see him once more when I take my friend coming home on R&R to the game the 11th. From the sounds of things the NHL and NHLPA are close to an agreement.

Even if they are close, I doubt we will see a season. We have eberle, Schultz and nugent-hopkins(when back from juniors) for the rest of season, IMHO. Eberle set an record for franchise on 12/31. Hatrick in 3 minutes. Most beautiful goals I have ever seen. Not even an oilers fan, and I love these guys.

JacobDaddy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have been promising my almost 9 year old I would take him back to a hockey game. Last time we went the place was almost empty and we got to get real close to the glass. Then a fight broke out and my son was hooked. I will check on getting some tickets. Thanks for the reminder.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Surely you'll have at least one evening off. If you find one that lines up with a home game, PM me. I'll see if I can hook you up with some tickets.

I can't help everyone, but I'll help as many as I can, first come, first serve.

Like I said, this is a great opportunity to see some outstanding talent. I just want to see this team thrive.

Suprising to me, My wife doesn't watch any sports, and I watch very few, OU, and OSU football, but she made a comment the other day while watching hockey results that she would like to go to a game one of these days. I was floored.
We were in Denver a couple of years ago at a sports bar, when the championships were on TV. She like watching.

Latest posts

Top Bottom