A plea to okc sports fans..,

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SlammerG_89

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Even if they are close, I doubt we will see a season. We have eberle, Schultz and nugent-hopkins(when back from juniors) for the rest of season, IMHO. Eberle set an record for franchise on 12/31. Hatrick in 3 minutes. Most beautiful goals I have ever seen. Not even an oilers fan, and I love these guys.

I'm not an Oilers fan either and feel the same way. Eberle has a chance to make a decent impact in the NHL when things finally work themselves out. Which NHL teams do you fancy?

WhiteyMacD

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Do the Hershey Bears ever come to OKC?

Unfortunately, no. They stick local (and I agree, don't know how bad I would like to see providence, I'm a big bruins fan, or Bridgeport). I am confident, however, our barons will go pretty far in the playoffs. That's your only hope to see some NE teams. Sorry. It sucks and I agree. Major downfall of the league. But for someone like me, you take what you can get.

WhiteyMacD

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm not an Oilers fan either and feel the same way. Eberle has a chance to make a decent impact in the NHL when things finally work themselves out. Which NHL teams do you fancy?

Bruins for life. I'm a Massachusetts boy. But I pull for many teams as long as they aren't playing Boston. Islanders ( for our Edmond native Matt Donovan), Jersey, Caps... I'm more of a fan of hockey than any one team, but the Bees are my boys and have been since I was a little one.

okiebryan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I love hockey, and used to hold season tix to the Blazers. However, as my kids have gotten older, I don't go as much. Partially because I'm so busy, but mostly b/c I hate doing things like that alone. One of the drawbacks to being single and married to your job.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Bruins for life. I'm a Massachusetts boy. But I pull for many teams as long as they aren't playing Boston. Islanders ( for our Edmond native Matt Donovan), Jersey, Caps... I'm more of a fan of hockey than any one team, but the Bees are my boys and have been since I was a little one.

I'm Mass born and raised too but somehow ended up always pulling for the Pens...thanks for the reminder that we have some good hockey going on, easy to forget with all the Thunder action.

soonerbyx

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks for the reminder. I grew up in St. Louis, so naturally a Blues fan. Got to watch Brett Hull and the Stars win the Cup a few years back, that was pretty cool. Definitely an event that I could take the family to, thanks again for the reminder. We need to support our local teams!!!

WhiteyMacD

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well, guys, I just checked with the OSA powers that be. After Jan 22, I will be back in school so there will be games that I will have to miss. What games I cannot make it to, I will be raffling off on OSA. I will post more once I confirm my schedule with the game schedule (and some will come ad hoc and last moment for tests). My only condition for these raffles is that you only enter if you are 100% certain you will use them.

As I stated earlier, for other game times, if you express interest, I'll try to get you tickets outside of my season seats (I have other means of access to tickets).

My main goal is to get people in seats. I urge everyone to support our teams. That includes the Thunder (they just don't need my help. Plenty of people willing to see them)

Latest posts

Top Bottom