A Public Service Announcement for bicyclists.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sanjuro893

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm on the access road along I-35 and 33rd St. in Edmond. I stop at the stop sign where 33rd goes over the highway. Two bicyclists approaching the intersection on my left but they are still around 25 yds. from the stop sign. I start to go, one of the guys starts to slow down and throws up his hands at me like I'm an idiot so I slam on the brakes thinking somethings wrong and he can't stop or something just trying to be safe, and this jerk runs the stop sign, yells at me and flips me the bird. Considering I'm in a Dodge pickup truck and he's on a little aluminum bike flipping people off just willy nilly, this guy has some cajones, I'll give him that. On my way home I'm thinking, "Maybe I'm wrong but when I was a kid, the police came to my school and said that I have to obey the traffic laws also." So I look it up:

Bicyclists must obey all traffic control devices and signs, as a motor vehicle operator would.
(Title 47 § 11-201)

So if you're one of these snooty types of cyclists that think you have the right-of-way just because you're more healthy than I am or you're saving the environment or whatever... believe me, a TRUCK trumps a BIKE every time! And as for the polite cyclists out there, please KNOW AND OBEY THE TRAFFIC LAWS because I don't want to see you ending up as a hood ornament on my truck. And if that other rude guy is reading this, you're worth 100 points next time. Here's a link to the rules:
http://www.oklahomabicyclesociety.com/OklaBicycleManual/OBM_p05.htm

RidgeHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I see the butthurt coming.
[Broken External Image]

Dear Gawd they cloned Paul Tay.

afarm1.static.flickr.com_39_104991806_78c58e7829.jpg

Super Dave

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I carry a boat oar just for guys in fancy bike garments, and bad road etiquette. Think of it as a citizen's arrest whacking device. I think it's perfectly legal. Besides, I only smack them when the mood hits me.

Latest posts

Top Bottom