A question for all Members of OSA

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Old Fart

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Given the opportunity I would go to the required training and then stand guard over my kids. For damn sure. Also I would donate time & money to help offset the up front expense of this.

Werewolf

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It's a nice gesture and makes a ton of sense. I'd participate. But, I think we'd better hear from their teachers union before we get too excited. That union will decide what the teachers will do. And, I don't think they'll be on "our" side of that issue. Dead on Arrival I'm afraid.

^^^^^
This will be the biggest hurdle to overcome. It might be possible in OK. Not all teachers can be anti-gun and there must be those that would be not only willing but eager to become cleet certified and carry while in school and act as the defenders of those who cannot defend themselves.

The problem is identifying who those teachers are.

Once that is done where do you go from there?

These are questions that must be answered before any legislation can be considered.

Keyser328

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The teachers unions here aren't that big of a player, at least where my wife teaches. She's taught for 13 or 14 years now, and she's ever joined it.

That said, I'd give as much time as I could to promote the education for teachers. I'd love to SO "teachers day" at an IDPA match, lemme tell ya.

Latest posts

Top Bottom