A really chitty day!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ohhhh it started out just wonderful. Birds chirping, mowed some hay, raked and baled some that was mowed yesterday. Was almost done baling what was ready to be baled. Then, ice cream turned to shat. Wind came in out of the north and wrecked all my beautifully straight windrows and then the rain followed.
Been there, done that, got the t-shirt and the coffee mug.

I'd been raking for a couple of hours when this little EF -1 dust devil decides to go play with my windrows. I got some neat crappy cellphone video from inside one of the little buggers. It was kind of cool sitting there, watching hay whirl around me and my little 8N, but all the time I'm sitting thinking about having to re-rake it.

It's not the worst I've ever had to do, though. A few years ago, I was making small squares in a wind so strong that I could only bale going into the wind--when I tried baling with the wind, the wind would blow it off the teeth before they could get to horizontal...

ConstitutionCowboy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We have two dogs and they occasionally albeit rarely have 'accidents'. Fortunately, we decided to have sealed and waxed concrete floors in our new home. However, they always manage to find a door mat or throw rug to soil. I guess that isn't so bad when you can take the mats and rugs out side and hose them down. :thumbup3:

We've had wall-to-wall carpeting in prior homes. Never again! :angry3:

Woody

Timmy59

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We have two dogs and they occasionally albeit rarely have 'accidents'. Fortunately, we decided to have sealed and waxed concrete floors in our new home. However, they always manage to find a door mat or throw rug to soil. I guess that isn't so bad when you can take the mats and rugs out side and hose them down. :thumbup3:

We've had wall-to-wall carpeting in prior homes. Never again! :angry3:

Woody

I like our wall to wall carpet but then the only animal in the house is myself..

Latest posts

Top Bottom