A Short Tribute To My Brother

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VIKING

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My oldest Brother taught me many things in life. I was probably six or seven when he showed me how to take an old piece of rusty barb wire and twist a rabbit out of a hole. Probably about that same age when he showed my how to take a piece of new growth willow and make the most amazing whistle. He showed me how to rig a trout line, catch perch on Clear Creek and even cook em on a stick.
My Brother spent many years in the Navy and I can honestly say I never heard him say a bad word about the Navy or his country. He truly loved his country and was a great American. I grew up thinking there was nothing he didn't know. He had one of the greatest computer minds I know but also used a slide rule often. He could butch a hog, fix a computer, or fix anything in the house and never have to ask for instructions.
My Brother has fought liver cancer for the past couple of years and while he never complained I could see that this was one fight that he just couldn't win. He passed away a few days ago and while we will be attending his funeral today he will always be in my mind and heart. I promise you Brother that every time I catch a trout, work on an old fishing reel, or just go squirrel hunting I will always remember who taught me the skills I needed. Thanks Bro and I'll see you soon in Paradise. VIKING...Ray Eberle

Latest posts

Top Bottom