A Short Tribute To My Brother

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VIKING

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I want to thank everyone for the kind words and apologize for all the typos in the thread. I was actually in Alaska when my brother passed away and so my wife and I flew all night to get back home and I only had a couple of hours sleep before the funeral. I spent 4 hours with him the last day I was in Oklahoma and he promised me then he would still be here when I returned 12 days later. He gave it a big effort but just came up a few days short. He truly was a great brother who I respected very much. I was just a young guy when he joined the Navy but I was so proud of him and couldn't wait for his return home so I could hear all the neat Navy stories. The first thing I would always do was have him tie all the knots for me and I still remember a lot of them. He once tied a monkey's fist for me and I kept that thing hanging in my room for many years. Like the preacher said in the funeral today, my brother would have backed me up on any dark alley any time I ask but he would get all choked up just by holding a newborn baby. He was a man of great honor. If he told you something then he meant it. If he owed you then he would pay his debt. Never heard him complain about his job or his wages. He was just a man's man. Not looking for any more post or replies I was just in a big hurry this morning and running low on sleep and wanted to say a few more things. He went out today exactly the way he wanted. A couple of Navy sailors standing over him and holding the United States flag. Pretty nice send off if you ask me....

gmar

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Great tribute for what sounds like a great person/friend/brother.

Sorry for your loss, prayers sent to you and your family.

Latest posts

Top Bottom