ABC News: Firearm Confiscation Orders Part of Solution to Mass Public Attacks

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

emapples

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Didn't we add to the Oklahoma constitution something to make it illegal to confiscate weapons in a crisis? Like after the Katrina debacle or something?
I don’t think law enforcement would try this in Oklahoma, the Feds on the other hand would have certainly tried.

I could be wrong here, but I would hope most LEO’s in Oklahoma would honor the 2nd Ammendmant first (although it won’t be around but for a few more decades)

ConstitutionCowboy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don’t think law enforcement would try this in Oklahoma, the Feds on the other hand would have certainly tried.

I could be wrong here, but I would hope most LEO’s in Oklahoma would honor the 2nd Ammendmant first (although it won’t be around but for a few more decades)

With or without the Second Amendment, we will always have the right to keep and bear arms - and the right to defend that right with those arms. That was well demonstrated during the Revolution.

Woody

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Didn't we add to the Oklahoma constitution something to make it illegal to confiscate weapons in a crisis? Like after the Katrina debacle or something?

Yes we did! But ultimately a piece of paper isn't what will prevent totalitarianism. It's people with guns and the will to use them if necessary.

Dave70968

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yes, but that's not relevant to the proposal. That applies to mass confiscations by executive fiat; the proposal is a change in legislation (which would supercede earlier legislation to the extent needed to give effect to the latter) that allows specific confiscation pursuant to (nominal) due process of law. Totally unrelated.

rc508pir

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
With or without the Second Amendment, we will always have the right to keep and bear arms - and the right to defend that right with those arms. That was well demonstrated during the Revolution.

Woody
You have the right up until 5 or 6 brigades of Infantry cordon off and cut off communications and begin a house to house search. With or without the 2nd Amendment, they'll be taking your rights from your cold dead hand if need be. Don't make any mistakes in thinking there aren't Officers and NCOs that are more than willing to take your weapons, even though they swore to support and defend the Constitution. I have known more than a few such people in the military

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You have the right up until 5 or 6 brigades of Infantry cordon off and cut off communications and begin a house to house search. With or without the 2nd Amendment, they'll be taking your rights from your cold dead hand if need be. Don't make any mistakes in thinking there aren't Officers and NCOs that are more than willing to take your weapons, even though they swore to support and defend the Constitution. I have known more than a few such people in the military

Definitely so. But I think they will be few in number when actually tasked with carrying out such an order. When people start shooting and they have to start shooting their countrymen, it'll get "real" and they'll rethink things real quick. I hope....

Dave70968

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
“And how we burned in the camps later, thinking: What would things have been like if every Security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family? Or if, during periods of mass arrests, as for example in Leningrad, when they arrested a quarter of the entire city, people had not simply sat there in their lairs, paling with terror at every bang of the downstairs door and at every step on the staircase, but had understood they had nothing left to lose and had boldly set up in the downstairs hall an ambush of half a dozen people with axes, hammers, pokers, or whatever else was at hand?... The Organs would very quickly have suffered a shortage of officers and transport and, notwithstanding all of Stalin's thirst, the cursed machine would have ground to a halt! If...if...We didn't love freedom enough. And even more – we had no awareness of the real situation.... We purely and simply deserved everything that happened afterward.”

― Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn, The Gulag Archipelago 1918-56

rc508pir

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Definitely so. But I think they will be few in number when actually tasked with carrying out such an order. When people start shooting and they have to start shooting their countrymen, it'll get "real" and they'll rethink things real quick. I hope....
I hope too, How ever, Americans fought Americans in both the revolution and the civil war.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I hope too, How ever, Americans fought Americans in both the revolution and the civil war.

True but I don't see it happening over something we consider a basic right that can't be taken by government. It's still too ingrained in our culture but that's precisely the sort of thing that justifies an all out civil war. I can see confiscation getting started but I think escalation to civil war will quell it pretty quick. I hope...

Latest posts

Top Bottom