ABC News: Firearm Confiscation Orders Part of Solution to Mass Public Attacks

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dave70968

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I hope too, How ever, Americans fought Americans in both the revolution and the civil war.
I'd distinguish both, particularly the civil war (which really ought to be called the second revolution--the south wasn't trying to take control of the existing government, it was trying to separate from it), from the topic of mass confiscation. In a revolution, you have loyalists and rebels, the latter of whom have declared themselves to no longer be of the existing (parent) nation. That's psychologically different from firing on people whom you acknowledge to still be your countrymen.

As to the proposal, I don't think most would have any problem with it, as it would be (nominally) carried out pursuant to due process of law against individuals specifically determined to be a threat.

rc508pir

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
True but I don't see it happening over something we consider a basic right that can't be taken by government. It's still too ingrained in our culture but that's precisely the sort of thing that justifies an all out civil war. I can see confiscation getting started but I think escalation to civil war will quell it pretty quick. I hope...
Escalation to all out civil war gives the Federal government the perfect excuse to perform the confiscation

rc508pir

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'd distinguish both, particularly the civil war (which really ought to be called the second revolution--the south wasn't trying to take control of the existing government, it was trying to separate from it), from the topic of mass confiscation. In a revolution, you have loyalists and rebels, the latter of whom have declared themselves to no longer be of the existing (parent) nation. That's psychologically different from firing on people whom you acknowledge to still be your countrymen.

As to the proposal, I don't think most would have any problem with it, as it would be (nominally) carried out pursuant to due process of law against individuals specifically determined to be a threat.
You think conservatives and liberals see each other as countrymen still?

Dave70968

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You think conservatives and liberals see each other as countrymen still?
Oh, to some degree, varying largely on geography and culture; I do, however, think rank-and-file officers (at least outside DC, Chicago, etc.) and soldiers still see gun owners--especially outside the bigger, more liberal cities--as countrymen.

rc508pir

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Oh, to some degree, varying largely on geography and culture; I do, however, think rank-and-file officers (at least outside DC, Chicago, etc.) and soldiers still see gun owners--especially outside the bigger, more liberal cities--as countrymen.
I think you would be surprised. There are plenty of liberals in the military too. Especially now that gays are out of the closet. As I said before Plenty of Officers wouldn't have a problem with it were the right man (or woman) as POTUS. NCOs too. As far as lower enlisted. Most of them don't even have a clue what the 2A is. And if they do, its all too easy to shut them up with threats of Courts martial for sedition. I have personally seen that one happen.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to make it sound if the majority of the military is chomping at the bits to curb an insurrection. BUT, I will say this. The military has been used on continental soil before to put down riots, and that's just riots. Now make it a civil war against a Lawful elected Government. That changes the game where the use of the military is concerned

Annie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Escalation to all out civil war gives the Federal government the perfect excuse to perform the confiscation

That's it. I'm getting rid of all my guns. I don't need that grief. Some of you guys might wanna go fishing in Overholser that weekend. North side. It's shallower and the water is calmer on that side. :blush:

ConstitutionCowboy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yes, there are those who will be loyal to the government who will carry out confiscation orders. Regardless of how large or small their numbers, regardless of their tactics, their number will diminish through attrition. Once their number shrinks to the point they will be no longer able to protect those who sent them, the number of those who sent them will diminish as well. I find it difficult to believe those who would send the confiscation minions haven't considered these facts. Hence, the attempts to diminish the potential armed resistance via the law, pretentious emotional populism, unconstitutional limitations on the purchase of arms, restrictions on the trade of arms, and limitations on who may keep and bear arms; none of which is legal, moral, or supposedly reasonable.

There is no one(or group) wealthy enough to buy and maintain an army big enough, no government controlled military big enough, no alliance of nations big enough to overcome an armed populace. If there was ever such, it or they would still be in power today.

Woody

"The Second Amendment is absolute. Learn it, live it, love it, and be armed in the defense of freedom, our rights, and our sovereignty. If we refuse infringement to our Right to Keep and Bear Arms, as protected by the Second Amendment, we will never be burdened by tyranny, dictatorship, or subjugation - other than to bury those who attempt it. B.E.Wood

Latest posts

Top Bottom