Academy ammo restrictions partially lifted

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HardKnox

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Was at Academy on 240 this morning and all of the folks in front of me were able to buy 2 each of the bulk packs of M22 with 1,000 rds in each box. Unfortunately, I was not one of them.

Brandi

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The last time I was at Academy, 2 weeks ago they had no 9mm, no .22LR, no .40S&W, no .45acp and only the very expensive defense ammo for .357 mag,.44 mag. They did have Winchester "plinker" .45LC and case after case after case of 7.62 x39.

DeerAssassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Academy over in Fort Smith has so much 7.62x39 it's not funny. They even had two 440rnd spam cans on the shelf last time I was there, along with all the Tula and some other brand one could need. Still had all the pistol and .223/5.56 behind the service desk. .308 has been back on the shelf for awhile.

DeerAssassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Looks like all ammo has been returned to the shelves at the Fort Smith Academy. My buddy at the gun bar said they still sell out of .22 every morning they get a shipment in but plenty of ammo in all other calibers.

Brandi

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It's still the same old thing. The stores bring out all the ammo early in the morning and the hording armies descend on all the stores and buy up everything possible. So considering most people get off work between 5 & 6pm, why not restrict the sale of ammunition until 6 pm? That way all the people who need or want ammo for their own use, and not for reselling on Armslist, are right there at the stores when the ammo is put out. These hoarders would then have to compete against the people who previously had to buy from them to get the ammo.

It would allow everyone to be able to buy the ammo they needed AND because Joe Average now is able to buy what they need, when they need it, the market for these resellers dries up and they go out of business which, after a short time, returns the market to normal.

Maybe I'm missing something but it really seems to me that it would work. Obviously not everyone works the 9 to 5 grind but it wouldn't matter because after the resellers are forced out of business, ammo would be available for everyone.

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It's still the same old thing. The stores bring out all the ammo early in the morning and the hording armies descend on all the stores and buy up everything possible. So considering most people get off work between 5 & 6pm, why not restrict the sale of ammunition until 6 pm? That way all the people who need or want ammo for their own use, and not for reselling on Armslist, are right there at the stores when the ammo is put out. These hoarders would then have to compete against the people who previously had to buy from them to get the ammo.

It would allow everyone to be able to buy the ammo they needed AND because Joe Average now is able to buy what they need, when they need it, the market for these resellers dries up and they go out of business which, after a short time, returns the market to normal.

Maybe I'm missing something but it really seems to me that it would work. Obviously not everyone works the 9 to 5 grind but it wouldn't matter because after the resellers are forced out of business, ammo would be available for everyone.

That specific time would not work any different than any other specific time. Random ammo releases would be the only way your idea would make sense.

IndVet

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was in the I-240 Academy yesterday (Labor Day) morning. It looks like all calibers have been returned to the shelf except .22lr and 9mm.

They had lots of .223/5.56 in all different weights.

JonDough

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was in Academy here in Lawton a couple of weeks ago getting some broadheads and i was in the checkout line and was watching the ammo "Island" there at customer service. They happened to have some 22LR that day and i stood there and watched as dudes (A couple recognizable as some of the ole' walmart crew) started hovering around and burning up their cellphones. They reminded me of vultures...i couldn't help but laugh. Then after the girl would hand it to them, they'd just stand there talking on their phones...blocking the progress of others...i guess they thought noone could tell they were "ammo blocking" till their partners could arrive...hahahahahaha It's really quite comical.

max-200.jpg
"Hello Chief.......there's 22lr at the Academy. I'll block the isle...
come quick so we can buy it all up and take it back
to headquarters and fondle it"

Latest posts

Top Bottom