Academy ammo restrictions partially lifted

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

freewookie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm going up to the south Tulsa store on Saturday to look for some .410. I bought two boxes of Remington 3" #6's at Bass Pro a couple weeks ago for $17.00 a box and about choked on that. There can't be that much demand for the lowly 410.

Des

Found #8s for $10 at Academy but am thinking about picking up a .28 for that reason alone.

Mkokc

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
They started doing it about a month ago, anything that comes in boxes of 100rds or more is considered bulk no matter what the caliber unforetunately, now if we can stop the folks from thinking $40-50 for 2 boxes of 9mm fmj is a good deal

AtomicTango

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was at the 41st and I44 store today, only calibers with restrictions now are 9mm and .22. All the 7.62, .223, 40, 45 ect was back in its normal location, not behind the counter. I picked up 6 boxes of 223.

pen25

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
you can thank places like dongs who sent their employee's in to buy up the stock at walmarts and academy's and all those who bought out shelves to flip on arms list

Lurkerinthewoods

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Supporter
Reaction score
I was at the 41st academy yesterday and they had some AE 22lr 40rd boxes in stock. They allowed 2 whole boxes ( big whoopty doo). What really irritated me was the fact the guy only allowed me two boxes but let a lady and her 10 underage minions get two boxes each. Really? Is a 10 yr old really able to buy 22lr ammo?

Not that I really cared because after taxes it was still .06 a round. I just picked up a couple if boxes because I was there buying my daughter some shoes. Just irritating.

Lurkerinthewoods

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Supporter
Reaction score
WTH? The age requirement to buy ammunition is 18, or so I thought.

Exactly. I almost sent my daughter up to the counter but I don't really need anymore ammo. Seemed kinda stupid to have limits but allow teenagers to get it..

I guess I need to be clear, they weren't ringing them up, they just handed you the ammo to go to a checkout lane and purchase it there..

AtomicTango

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was at the 41st academy yesterday and they had some AE 22lr 40rd boxes in stock. They allowed 2 whole boxes ( big whoopty doo). What really irritated me was the fact the guy only allowed me two boxes but let a lady and her 10 underage minions get two boxes each. Really? Is a 10 yr old really able to buy 22lr ammo?

Not that I really cared because after taxes it was still .06 a round. I just picked up a couple if boxes because I was there buying my daughter some shoes. Just irritating.

Hmm, that is annoying. I was carded for my 2 box limit more than a few times over the last few months. Guess I'll just take it as a compliment...

In any case, we've all been doing it wrong. Should have been renting local little league teams to buy our ammo for us this whole time.

Latest posts

Top Bottom