Academy and AR's, mags, and ammo!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

goldflinger

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I stopped by the same Academy this morning 5 minutes til 8:00am. They had two carts full of unopened boxes and 5-6 guys going thru it. Everyone was pleasant and a guy who was going to buy the only box of remington 22 value packs split it up with a couple of us. I also got some 9mm nato (winchester) and some Remington UMC. It will be gone by 9:00am I am sure. Did not ask about rifles. Prices went up as expected. Remington 525 Pak was $19.99, 9mm Nato 124gr was $15.99 and I paid $12.99 for the same box at the same store 2 weeks ago. Rem. UMC 115gr was also $15.99 a box. Expensive morning to just ensure I get to shoot every weekend for the next month. :-)

Quick_Draw_McGraw

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Everyone was pleasant and a guy who was going to buy the only box of remington 22 value packs split it up with a couple of us.

Glad to see people are still showing decency to one another.

It wouldn't have surprised me at all if you told me someone tried to wheel an entire cart up to the counter to buy it for reselling purposes.

dx3

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Does anyone know if both Academy's are supposed to get trucks tomorrow? Do they usually get the same allotment or does the 41st one get more than 81st?

backspur

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
All of you hoarders and resellers will be sad to hear that the Academy at 41st has started limiting 9mm and 5.56 to three boxes per customer. Now you will have to wait in line and make multiple trips back and forth to your car. On the plus side, hunting clothing and boots are now 30% off. Get your Muck Boots while you can.

TJay74

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I hate to say I am all for a limit at all of the retailers on ammo and mags. I find it appualing that other retailers are wiping out the ammo supplies to the point that others are not even able to shoot and then to slap you on the other cheek by raising the prices to absurd amounts for the ammo.

ConstantChange

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I just left the Academy off I-240 and wasted another 30 minutes of my life. This is my fourth trip within the past month. I've stood at the counter for probably 90 minutes and still haven't had someone help me.

Today I walked in and it was me and two other customers. There were two employees behind the counter. One guy is down by the handguns and one gun is down by the rifles/shotguns. I'm wanting to purchase a shotgun, so I stand at the counter in front of them. One of the two customers just finished purchasing a gun and the employee has to walk it up front so he can pay. He looks at me and says I'll be right back to help you. No problem. About 30 minutes later he's still not back and I'm obviously invisible to the other guy working.

What's worse is another guy walks up while I'm waiting. He starts talking to the one employee working the pistols about some gun they have in stock. The employee working tells him "Are you buying it to sell at the gun show?" Guy says "Yeah." He proceeds to tell him "Then you should get the XYZ model because it has a threaded barrel and sells for more." Then these two guys start talking about the work schedule. The customer looking to flip the guns is actually an employee who works at that gun counter too.

I'm tired of wasting my time because now 3 or 4 more guys are looking at pistols. The employee couldn't care less about me at this point. As I'm walking out I look for the guy who said he'd be right back to help me to see if he's stuck in line. Nope. The lines are almost empty.

My buddy calls Academy the Wal-Mart of gun stores. I guess he's right. There is a reason I don't shop at Wal-Mart. I guess I'll add Academy to the list.

Seedy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What's worse is another guy walks up while I'm waiting. He starts talking to the one employee working the pistols about some gun they have in stock. The employee working tells him "Are you buying it to sell at the gun show?" Guy says "Yeah." He proceeds to tell him "Then you should get the XYZ model because it has a threaded barrel and sells for more." Then these two guys start talking about the work schedule. The customer looking to flip the guns is actually an employee who works at that gun counter too.

That is a serious accusation. Did you say/do anything? Did you ask to speak to the manager?

Seedy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I wouldn't have said anything. What would someone do, notify the ATF?

I would think that having a frank conversation with the store manager or corporate office would suffice. Those employees are a serious liability to the company.

...and maybe you didnt notice, but we are in the fight of our lifetime for our 2A rights. The employees falsifying 4473's and dealing without a license at gunshows "private party" is the EXACT THING THE "ANTI"S CALL THE "gunshow loophole". This is the kind of behavior that is going to blow back on the rest of us and force us to use FFLs (for a fee of course) to sell and or trade our own guns.

ConstantChange

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
That is a serious accusation. Did you say/do anything? Did you ask to speak to the manager?

Saying anything would just be more of my time wasted. I thought about talking to a manager just to ask them if they could see me, because I'm apparently invisible to their employees, but what good would that do me?

If I have to jump up and down, whistle, wave my hands, etc... to get helped, I'll go somewhere else. I don't mind waiting my turn, but that's not how it works.

Latest posts

Top Bottom