Access to Canadian river in Norman?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sh00ter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Is there any access where a guy could go fishing in the Canadian river? I've been down there decades ago to go 4 wheelin' - seems like it was at the deadend of Lindsey, but I am doubtful that is still open.

Seadog

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Is there any access where a guy could go fishing in the Canadian river? I've been down there decades ago to go 4 wheelin' - seems like it was at the deadend of Lindsey, but I am doubtful that is still open.
There was a place down in Lexington after you cross the bridge to it. You hook your first right go to the bend in the road and on your right there’s a fence gate with a sign. Call the number and the guy opens up. Charges a modest fee so you can Parker camp there overnight. And then you have full access to the river. I haven’t done this in about five or six years so it might not be that way anymore.

There was a place I used to access the river via Norman. There’s a dead-end road that went to a paintball park. Some years back everything got washed away so the road pretty much dead ends right into the river now. It’s a steep incline but you could access it that way. I don’t know if it’s fenced off now or not

sherrick13

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Try the end of Jefferson St or the parking lot of GO Church. It also looks like there is 4 wheel access from Tri City gun club. Join them and go fishing.
1646886288525.png

Seadog

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Try the end of Jefferson St or the parking lot of GO Church. It also looks like there is 4 wheel access from Tri City gun club. Join them and go fishing. View attachment 258117
If the church is on the north side of the river by the apartments they do not approve of anybody using their parking lot especially for ATVs

beardking

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You could always take your chances and access the river by the service road that runs behind Landers Chevrolet on the west side of 35 and Highway 9. I say take your chances because that whole area there is over run by a homeless camp and there are plenty of rumors about what kind of things happen down there.

Shakel65

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There was a place down in Lexington after you cross the bridge to it. You hook your first right go to the bend in the road and on your right there’s a fence gate with a sign. Call the number and the guy opens up. Charges a modest fee so you can Parker camp there overnight. And then you have full access to the river. I haven’t done this in about five or six years so it might not be that way anymore.

There was a place I used to access the river via Norman. There’s a dead-end road that went to a paintball park. Some years back everything got washed away so the road pretty much dead ends right into the river now. It’s a steep incline but you could access it that way. I don’t know if it’s fenced off now or not
Sounds like you are talking about Sundog. If so they are closed now. Something with the new bridge shut them down was the story I heard.

scott024

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
There is a trail from Cherry Creek Park down to the river. It's probably about a mile walk. There is a pipe fence 2' off the ground about 100 yards into the timber south of the park that prevents ATV's from coming off the river. It's a well traveled trail, You could easily take a mountain bike down it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom