Accidental breaking and entering and manslaughter

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dale00

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
One of the most powerful things I have read on the topic of forgiveness deals with the Amish. Specifically how they responded to the horrific murder of multiple children at one of their schools. The murderer died at the scene, leaving behind a wife with small children. Amish leaders and families rapidly contacted the wife to let her know they held no blame for her and to try to see how they could help her. It is the Amish way; they have built forgiveness into their culture. It is a commandment for all Christians but they go out of their way to impliment it through caring acts beyond words and thoughts.

I'm not saying the Amish are better in all ways but in this way they allow God to work though them....so should we. Kudos to the relative who hugged and forgave the defendant in this case. Likewise for relatives of the victims of the racist murderer in the Charlotteville bible class. They exemplify Godliness.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
What if a young white man, gainfully employed as an accountant, is napping on his sofa. He's a devout christian with a clean police record. He wakens to a black cop that has broken into his apartment. The cop shoots the innocent white accountant because he "doesn't respond to her commands."

Would the "Right Evidence" and "Jury" be present in that case?
Easy answer, No.

BobbyV

Are you serious?
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Of course, some people will always complain. Some will view it in a larger context, some will argue it must be viewed as a narrow incident.

And as for forgiveness, well that is up to the individual i guess. Some will understand the brother's position, others will never.

It just aggravates the daylights out of me how folks always seem to go straight to some negative to keep perpetuating stuff . . . wish they'd cut the rhetoric and move on.

donner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It just aggravates the daylights out of me how folks always seem to go straight to some negative to keep perpetuating stuff . . . wish they'd cut the rhetoric and move on.

sadly the criminal justice system has many flaws. From sentencing disparities to systemic failures. If you look hard enough, i'm sure someone can find times when a person got a lighter sentence and times when people got heavier ones for similar crimes.

Down in my area of the world, people still have never been convicted some some civil rights era murders (even of a young child, emmett till) despite everyone knowing who did it. Hard to be positive about that kind of stuff when the sign commemorating where Till's body was found has been shot up twice now.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
It is obvious she did not pay attention to her surroundings being busy texting with her mind elsewhere. It is obvious she made a terrible mistake entering the wrong apartment. It is obvious she was confused by the familiar floorplan but unfamiliar surroundings. It is obvious she pulled the trigger and killed the guy. It is obvious it was a crime. It is obvious it was not murder but a lesser crime.

BobbyV

Are you serious?
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
sadly the criminal justice system has many flaws. From sentencing disparities to systemic failures. If you look hard enough, i'm sure someone can find times when a person got a lighter sentence and times when people got heavier ones for similar crimes.

Down in my area of the world, people still have never been convicted some some civil rights era murders (even of a young child, emmett till) despite everyone knowing who did it. Hard to be positive about that kind of stuff when the sign commemorating where Till's body was found has been shot up twice now.

Now that I see where you're from I totally understand that view . . . if the brother can forgive and hug the killer it would seem that the rest of us could at least consider doing so with others.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It is obvious she did not pay attention to her surroundings being busy texting with her mind elsewhere. It is obvious she made a terrible mistake entering the wrong apartment. It is obvious she was confused by the familiar floorplan but unfamiliar surroundings. It is obvious she pulled the trigger and killed the guy. It is obvious it was a crime. It is obvious it was not murder but a lesser crime.
It is also obvious (and no ones mentioned this that I saw but I admit I havn't read every post) That she didnt question the fact that when she tried to put the key in the lock the door swung open slightly as it was not latched. The door was unlatched and she was standing on a red door mat that she didnt own and she still made it past the threshold. I'd have backed up slowly questioning everything about an open door. Of course I'd have questioned the red mat and she knew every floor was the exact same floorplan...red flag, maybe I'm on the wrong floor.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Now that I see where you're from I totally understand that view . . . if the brother can forgive and hug the killer it would seem that the rest of us could at least consider doing so with others.
That would mean being a real christian, which we all know there are so many who only play the part and are in fact fake hypocrites.

D. Hargrove

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Yeppers, just look at what the press did to the Cowboys after a lousy 2 point loss to New Orleans. Ain't fair I tells ya, it ain't fair.

Latest posts

Top Bottom