Accidental breaking and entering and manslaughter

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BobbyV

Are you serious?
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've seen prominent black folks on twitter complaining about her only getting 10 years . . . using her being a white, female and cop as the excuse.

They completely ignore the fact that she may have never even been convicted if the right evidence and jury was present.

ignerntbend

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What if a young white man, gainfully employed as an accountant, is napping on his sofa. He's a devout christian with a clean police record. He wakens to a black cop that has broken into his apartment. The cop shoots the innocent white accountant because he "doesn't respond to her commands."

Would the "Right Evidence" and "Jury" be present in that case?

Dale00

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Justice should be blind with regard to social status of the parties involved and the skills of the defending and prosecuting attorneys. Too often it is not. None of us who are reading the thread actually know what transpired in the courtroom. We form our opinions with much less information than the jurors received.
God is not through with any of parties involved or us. Out of pain often comes learning and growth.

donner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've seen prominent black folks on twitter complaining about her only getting 10 years . . . using her being a white, female and cop as the excuse.

They completely ignore the fact that she may have never even been convicted if the right evidence and jury was present.

i can't tell if you're implying that she was railroaded or convicted because of racial issues. Or if you're saying that the folks complaining about the sentencing should simply be thankful she was convicted at all. Not sure how one would limit or negate feelings about the other, though.

BobbyV

Are you serious?
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
i can't tell if you're implying that she was railroaded or convicted because of racial issues.

I'm not implying either.

Or if you're saying that the folks complaining about the sentencing should simply be thankful she was convicted at all.

I'm saying that regardless of what was the end result of this trial they would have found something to whine about. Especially those who say if she was a black cop she would've been given the death penalty . . .

Not sure how one would limit or negate feelings about the other, though.

I'm not trying to limit or negate anything. But, those who are complaining about how his brother forgave and hug her really need to evaluate their opinions about this entire tragedy IMO.

Shannon Sharpe included . . .

https://twitter.com/ShannonSharpe/status/1179531330607972352

What are the chances Botham Jean would have received 10 yrs for murdering Amber Guyger after entering her apt illegally? What are the chances some of her family would hug him as his family hugged her? Blk ppl are always expected to be compassionate but rarely receive compassion

Dale00

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I always love your posts, Dale, but it seems that out of pain often comes more pain.
Dostoevsky quote.jpg

ignerntbend

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Pretty sure the Brothers would agree with both of us. It just depends on which brother you're talking to.

Edit: had to poll the Brothers. Alyosha agrees with you but the others agree with me so I win.

Last edited:

donner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm not implying either.

I'm saying that regardless of what was the end result of this trial they would have found something to whine about. Especially those who say if she was a black cop she would've been given the death penalty . . .

I'm not trying to limit or negate anything. But, those who are complaining about how his brother forgave and hug her really need to evaluate their opinions about this entire tragedy IMO.

Shannon Sharpe included . . .

https://twitter.com/ShannonSharpe/status/1179531330607972352

Of course, some people will always complain. Some will view it in a larger context, some will argue it must be viewed as a narrow incident.

And as for forgiveness, well that is up to the individual i guess. Some will understand the brother's position, others will never.

Latest posts

Top Bottom