Age yourself by naming a store/business that no longer exists that you frequented.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OKNewshawk

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It was back on Long Beach Island, NJ, but I used to love going to the Lucy Evelyn Gift Shop and Marine Museum. Made from an actual schooner bought at auction, the ship-turned-gift shop served as such from 1948 until 1972, when it burned to the ground. You could go into the small "museum" section (actually the preserved cabins at the stern of the ship) or go up on deck. my favorite part was the Matchbox and Corgi toy section.
f-Lucy-Evelyn.jpg

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Spencers BBQ in Midwest City. Closes the 31st of this year, good BBQ run and owned by a Vietnam grunt Vet. It was a little pricey but it was good stuff. Now where am I gonna go for good BBQ?

OneMoreEvan

This is bowling, there are rules. MARK IT ZERO
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Back in the day, I bought my (Now ex) wife's ring at a Kmart jewelry store when I was a young broke PFC living in the barracks. It's probably been about 8 years since I've even seen a Kmart, let alone one with a jewelry section. Are they still around?

StLPro2A

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'll start....Sambo's(the last one was actually renamed a few years ago but still in operation), Fred Baker's, TG&Y and Aim.

There are still Gibsons and OTASCO stores actually.
Grandy's (breakfast type joint); Ben Franklin 5 and Dime; Shoney's...the Big Boy.. In the process of getting there...Steak 'N' Shake.....restaurants closing all over, many tear-downs, hard to find anymore.

Engineman1960

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I still have my Ruger 10/22 I bought at the K Mart in Broken Arrow (where Harbor Freight is there now) 34 years ago (1988), I also bought and sold a 12 Gauge Remington 1100 with a 30 inch full choke barrel ( I bought a 28 inch barrel with removable chokes -- it cost as much as the shotgun).

Qualified Shooting Supplies was located in Broken Arrow, in the Washington Square ( where Torchy’s Bar and Franco Pizza located) the gun store was located where Relax Foot Spa is -- I bought my S&W 659 and my Colt Stainless Gold Cup both of those I traded. the S&W 686 and 622 I still own, when I bought my 622 I was given a lifetime free membership to their indoor range. It was great while it lasted.

Bought my Browning Buckmark (I still have it) at Oshmans in Tulsa in 2001

Latest posts

Top Bottom