Age yourself by naming a store/business that no longer exists that you frequented.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chuckie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don't know if they had any of them out here in mid-America, but anyone heard of the now defunct "GEMCO" department stores which were popular in the '60's-'70's? I think they were called "MEMCO" in the Northeast.

Capm_Spaulding

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Spencers BBQ in Midwest City. Closes the 31st of this year, good BBQ run and owned by a Vietnam grunt Vet. It was a little pricey but it was good stuff. Now where am I gonna go for good BBQ?

This place used to be so great. I last went there about a year and a half ago and almost walked out, so this isn’t shocking unfortunately.
There wasn’t a person older than 18 that worked there. They were all playing tag, blaring loud music and dancing instead of helping anyone out. I’m all for a good time, but it was like a high school assembly behind the counter instead of a restaurant. This on a Saturday at lunch time. The food was still good, but our sides weren’t correct and we didn’t get any fritters since nobody came around to serve them, even after asking for them we still didn’t. Sticky tables, most piled with old dishes.. all a far cry from yesteryear.

Too bad. I’m sure they’ll blame it on the pandemic.

Texlahoma is pretty good, but less old school like Spencer’s.

Rustytigwire

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The old bank in Stonewall.
Gibsons in Ada. The Armory next door blew up. 70s?
Hudsons Big Country Store in Coalgate. ads painted on refrigerators all down Highway 3 near Tupelo.

WoodsCraft

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Charlies Surplus in Midwest City long before he moved to Ada that was a great surplus store .

Old Paris Flea Market when it was still a real flea market there was a gun dealer up front and another guy who always had better quality 35mm camera gear .

Latest posts

Top Bottom