Age yourself by naming a store/business that no longer exists that you frequented.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HFS

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Outdoor America. I still miss that place. I can't remember when I bought these, but it was along time ago.
I bought a bunch of Magtech 9mm there for $5 a box. Brass case, non corrosive reloadable.
They had pallets of it sitting in the floor.
Wish I bought a boxcar load.
I was sad when I shot up the last of it a few years later.

Biggsly

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I bought a bunch of Magtech 9mm there for $5 a box. Brass case, non corrosive reloadable.
They had pallets of it sitting in the floor.
Wish I bought a boxcar load.
I was sad when I shot up the last of it a few years later.
That place always had great deals.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Can anyone guess the store I picked these up from?
View attachment 332922
I used to buy bags of ammo like that from Southwest Shooters. Can’t say I ever bought anything from Fast Freddie’s, though.

I knew someone who bought a case of 7.62x39 from Outdoor America for an insanely low price. A mutual friend was up there a few days later and he asked about that super low price; he was told that the ammo had been mismarked, and they really wanted to talk to the other guy about him coughing up the difference. As I recall, his response was lol, nope.

Biggsly

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I used to buy bags of ammo like that from Southwest Shooters. Can’t say I ever bought anything from Fast Freddie’s, though.

I knew someone who bought a case of 7.62x39 from Outdoor America for an insanely low price. A mutual friend was up there a few days later and he asked about that super low price; he was told that the ammo had been mismarked, and they really wanted to talk to the other guy about him coughing up the difference. As I recall, his response was lol, nope.
I could not drive by the store without going in. It was sad to see it fall apart in the end and then close.
Sad thing is, I know of one of the OSA members that tried to buy it, but they would not reason with anyone.

Rustytweezers

Wall building Ammunition hoarding Gun packing Okie
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Kings food host 31st Sheridan.
81FF9094-2879-44F2-9179-9134F3967014.jpeg
6C1B9DE0-0CB7-42B4-9E7A-1C73F9D06401.jpeg

Last edited:

p238shooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The Stables?
Ha, I am a little behind here, but the Stables Lounge was known nation and world wide in two different eras. The first time around it was a well known Rock and Roll joint that had many walk ins on the Sunday night jam when bands were traveling through for shows downtown. I have been there when, A Franklin, Clapton, ZZ, guys from Reo Speed Wagon an of of course L Russel several times along with others showed up unexpectedly just to play for fun.

Then in it's second life it was known for being a pretty decent Strip joint. I was at a sales meeting in Las Vagus talking with a guy from Tokyo, told him I was from Tulsa. "Ahaa Stables Lounge" I have heard of Tulsa. Ha Ha He had a friend visit Tulsa just previous to that.

RR days, Sunday evening, Pay $2 at the door and drink all the beer you can for the first hour. Ha Ha Good old days on my 72 Kawasaki 750. Then over to Don Browns night club just west of there before it burnt. Then started hanging out at Jose's at 51st and Lewis, usually had a decent band.

Mi Pi Pizza deep dish was always a favorite at London Square. The Texas Motorplex Dragstrip was going to be built at pine and Garnett but Otasco jacked up the price of the land at the last minute and he moved his plans to Ennis just south of Dallas.

Lots of memories, thanks to everyone for posting.

sumoj275

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hey, it started with a P.

I think it turned into flea market or something, and then something else. I used to go over by there occasionally for lunch at The Hungry Frog, but it’s been 10+ years since I’ve been thru that intersection. SW Shooters was just south of there one street over east on the curve. Don’t remember the name of that street either.
Virginia Ave

Latest posts

Top Bottom