Aimpoint M2

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

deth0168

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Can someone please help me? I got this setup from a buddy this week and when I go to put on the aimpoint it shifts to the left when I tighten the mount down. I've tried moving the mount back, forward, and every which way. Any ideas or anyone else have this problem with this mount? It's not this exact mount but the same style.

http://www.opticsplanet.net/aimpoin...ny-qrp-mount-complete-and-qrp2-base-only.html

ai287.photobucket.com_albums_ll153_bubbatooth_DSC04758.jpg

mmchambers06

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So it moves so much it can't zero?

If that's the case, it's just a crap mount and you need to replace it for a quality one (Larue, ADM, etc.).

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Is that a genuine Aimpoint mount? Is the dovetail part damaged? I've got the same mount and have had no issues other than very slight zero shift. Mostly just irritating but nothing to sweat over. They aren't as fancy as a Larue but they do work.

Edit: after looking at the pic again, remove the BUIS and slide everything back to where all of the mount is on the rail. See if it still does it.

deth0168

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I dont think it has enough bite on the rail with the two sections on one side and just one on the other. Makes no difference though since I ordered a different mount earlier. Im a little impatient.

ai287.photobucket.com_albums_ll153_bubbatooth_DSC04761.jpg

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Looks to me like that clamp simply pushes on the side of the rail. It's either on backwards or has been replaced with something that doesn't work like the original. Mine has a matching angle cut to "bite" the side of the rail just like the fixed side of the mount.

What mount did you order?

Latest posts

Top Bottom