All Steelfingers range results will only be here

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Unless that group was shot at like 1 shot every second, then it's fine. You got to have a balance speed and accuracy.
At 20 yards, My first few shots were just to gauge my hold and poe. After that, the balance were done quicker as I was working on a tempo for multiple shots. The head shots were all just for accuracy.
Working on tempo. The CZ has great muzzle control

operator742

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
At 20 yards, My first few shots were just to gauge my hold and poe. After that, the balance were done quicker as I was working on a tempo for multiple shots. The head shots were all just for accuracy.
Working on tempo. The CZ has great muzzle control
I just proof read what I posted, that was supposed to read 1 shot every 5 seconds.

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Part two of me day/weekend with a trip to the range in ada.
Pic one is the ammo I was shooting with my Ruger 6.5 creed at 100 yards and pic two are the results after 20 rounds. Wind was a bit gusty right to left but happy with the results of 20 rounds down range. A couple of Matt Damon fliers but the rest I was very please with. Wanted to go out to 200 but the wind was getting to be a bother on my targets staying in place.
Pic three I got my Colt 6920 AR 223 green tip ammo at 100 yards with leupold pig plex 4x scope.
Had been sighted in at 50 so had to take a few shots to see the hold over and once I had it, most of the shots in the red were there. Then I just did some rapid fire and man that was fun and not tooooo bad on results.
Shooting off a crap bi-pod with AR, where I had caldwell bags on the creed. Better scope would produce better results at longer ranges with the AR but set at 50 yds it's also set at 300 (steel only silhouette)
Fun day.
Ada me 1 cart.JPG
Ada Me 2 6.5.JPG
Ada me 3 Ar.JPG

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What size 5 shot groups are you getting out of the 6.5 now?
1/2 to 3/4 moa at 100 yds (not counting the fliers caused by Matt Damon). That target had 20 rounds through it. Groups were all very close to 1/2 but shooting 4 rounds at a time because that's what the mag holds, so I shot 5 four round groups.
I'm happy with the results. I know I had a couple fliers, but that's on me and not the gun.
Can't wait to take her back out to make sure that I'm getting better and it's not a fluke (better for me not as good as most of you shoot).
Then (and if) I keep the group's tight, I'll bear down on the 200 yard paper. No point working on longer distance unless I'm solid at 100 (IMO)

Latest posts

Top Bottom