Almost two years ago I came to this forum seeking advice in drafting a "No Firearms"

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Silveravnt

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
sign for my employer that had an exception for OSDA permit holders.
Thanks to the advice I got here I came up with this sign which I was very proud of.
TITLE21final-vi.jpg
photo-vi.jpg

In the wake of the recent media frenzy over shootings of unarmed people by armed people, my employer asked me to make new signs that are more strongly worded. This is what will be going up at all of our locations.
52286999136-vi.jpg

We feel that we need more gun control and the best way to control our stores is with guns.
Personally I also find that the best way to control my safely is with guns. Yay Gun control!

okiebryan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well done.

Wish they has these at our airports instead of the "firearms are prohibited" ones.

The airports are owned by the respective cities. They believe that they are government buildings for the purpose of doing business with the public, so they are prohibited places.

okiebryan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Can you share the artwork of those two signs so that others can have them made for their businesses? I'm not a fan of banning open carry, but I can respect that so long as all I have to do is untuck my shirt or leave my jacket on.

Rooster1971

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Silveravnt, I'm in your stores daily and very much appreciate your stance on the issue. I'm glad my money is going to a company that supports our rights.

Thanks, Greg

Silveravnt

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
The airports are owned by the respective cities. They believe that they are government buildings for the purpose of doing business with the public, so they are prohibited places.
That can't stop us wishing. My big problem area is schools. Way before the recent shootings it bothered me that I had to disarm before dropping my kids off or picking them up. I've spent way to much time thinking about how I'd feel if I was in that situation and a bad guy came in and I could do nothing to stop him.

Can you share the artwork of those two signs so that others can have them made for their businesses? I'm not a fan of banning open carry, but I can respect that so long as all I have to do is untuck my shirt or leave my jacket on.
Yes I will. I can also provide you with the name of the nice 2a supporting lady who made them for us.

Silveravnt, I'm in your stores daily and very much appreciate your stance on the issue. I'm glad my money is going to a company that supports our rights.

Thanks, Greg

Locke is a good company, glad to see a member here crafted those signs...
Thanks to both of you for supporting us and for your business. It's a company I'm proud to be a part of.

FYI, the SDA allows visible weapons now.
The whole reason this issue arose for us was an earlier failed bill to allow open carry. Our board didn't like the idea of open carry in our stores. I was able to convince enough of them that we could legally discourage OPEN carry while encouraging concealed carry. The new sticker just words that more strongly.
To be honest the most we would do if you open carry in our store is ask you to cover it or leave. Many of our manager would not even bother with that.

BTW I hope to do an appleseed event with my son and father in law this year so we will be in touch.

Latest posts

Top Bottom